Amazon Not Allowing Me To Cancel Prime Membership Trial

UniversalBacon

I didn't really know what category to put this in, so i took a shot in the dark.

Earlier today I signed up for Amazon Prime's Free Trial hoping to get in on that juicy 2-Day Free Shipping for Christmas gifts, but my credit card apparently is 'invalid'.  I'm assuming because they want to charge a crazy amount for use of the trial and the card is coming up short.  Exact wording: 

Important Message
We had a problem with the card you supplied for your Amazon Prime membership. Unfortunately, you will not receive Amazon Prime benefits until this problem is resolved. Please re-enter a preferred payment method.

Anyhow, after an hour of looking for a way to cancel the damn thing, I came to no conclusion.  Most online tutorials say that there should be an option on the left in your "Manage Your Prime Membership' area. However that does not appear for me, as the error message is preventing it.  I just want this thing to cancel, as I have no other credit cards and don't want to have this expensive payment service silently leaching off my account.  PLEASE HELP ME CANCEL!  Thank you

Amazon doesn't charge you anything that's why it's called a "free" trial, you just need to input valid credit card info so the service can continue after the trial.

Prime trial costs $0...

you need to put in your credit card so that then can start charging you when your trial is over

If it didn't accept your credit card that means you didn't get the trial, so there is nothing to cancel lol

btw your credit card is probably invalid because amazon only takes certain cards, not all of them http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201132730

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Prime trial costs $0...

you need to put in your credit card so that then can start charging you when your trial is over

If it didn't accept your credit card that means you didn't get the trial, so there is nothing to cancel lol

btw your credit card is probably invalid because amazon only takes certain cards, not all of them http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201132730

^this. If you have any further problems, just ask the support. Amazon customer service has been incredibly helpful in my experience, and the live chat is a very nice feature

Molex to SATA, lose all your data