Z97 or H97M Mobo

Go to solution Solved by TheRandomness,

According to PC part picker both have a similar price range and there is a possibility that i would get the upgrade

Then Z97

You dont need a H97/Z97 for an i5 4460. H81 will be enough since youre not going to overclock.

Oh and btw, why arent you getting 2 Ram Sticks each 4 GB ? In Case 1 stick breaks you would still have Ram to run your PC while the broken one is n RMA.

You dont need a H97/Z97 for an i5 4460. H81 will be enough since youre not going to overclock.

Oh and btw, why arent you getting 2 Ram Sticks each 4 GB ? In Case 1 stick breaks you would still have Ram to run your PC while the broken one is n RMA.

1 stick is usually cheaper than 2 sticks and the return process in the U.K can take a day or 2 at most. Also, H97 is basically Z97 with no overclocking, so you get all the features and such.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

1 stick is usually cheaper than 2 sticks and the return process in the U.K can take a day or 2 at most. Also, H97 is basically Z97 with no overclocking, so you get all the features and such.

Sounds right :)

Would there be any decrease in performance with the H81 instead of the H97/Z97?

If the H97 is the same like Z97, shouldn't i just get the Z97 because it has overclocking abilities in case i get an upgrade with overclocking ability?

If the H97 is the same like Z97, shouldn't i just get the Z97 because it has overclocking abilities in case i get an upgrade with overclocking ability?

Well, out of those 2, the cheaper one unless you do plan to upgrade to an overclockable CPU in the future.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Well, out of those 2, the cheaper one unless you do plan to upgrade to an overclockable CPU in the future.

According to PC part picker both have a similar price range and there is a possibility that i would get the upgrade