Ccleaner on SSD

tp95112

I have not used ccleaner in a long time and wanted to use it again. I know you should not run the registry cleaner  which I didn't. But does the normal clean have anything that could mess up a ssd? For example wipe free space. Also not sure if I put this in the wrong subsection.

I have not used ccleaner in a long time and wanted to use it again. I know you should not run the registry cleaner  which I didn't. But does the normal clean have anything that could mess up a ssd? For example wipe free space. Also not sure if I put this in the wrong subsection.

Honestly if you are ever at a point where you want to use a tool such as CCleaner, just do a fresh install.

nothing wrong with using ccleaner for ssd

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

Don't use wipe free space then?

Also the reg cleaner is pretty fine, never has it messed anything up for me ever.  I use CCleaner as a all in one temp file, cache cleaner.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

I use the registry cleaner litarally always I have for 6 years now

Honestly if you are ever at a point where you want to use a tool such as CCleaner, just do a fresh install.

Lol what are you on about?

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

I was just going through my start menu and thought "hey I havent used this in a while" then I just ran and cleaned

Don't use wipe free space then?

Also the reg cleaner is pretty fine, never has it messed anything up for me ever.  I use CCleaner as a all in one temp file, cache cleaner.

What does wipe free space do?

What does wipe free space do?

It writes data over the empty space so it cannot be recovered.  Waste of time unless you have super sensitive stuff deleted and want it to remain deleted.  Writes random data to every inch of free space.  Really not needed.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.