Korean screens

Go to solution Solved by Oshino Shinobu,

It is not a 5ms delay. Response time is the time it takes for a pixel to change colour (quoted in GTG, so the time it takes to change from one shade of grey to another. It will take longer for black to white and different colours, so the response time statistic is pointless anyway) 5ms is 0.005 seconds, which you're not going to notice. 

I am thinking of getting a korean panel i was thinking of a QNIX QX2710 as I love the idea of having a 1440p monitor which can be overclocked to 80hz+ however it is a samsung PLS monitor which means it has 5ms delay, I was wondering if I would notice this and how it would visually effect my fps increase in games?
On a side note, is anyone able to recommend other 1440p panels which can achieve 80hz+ which are not to expensive? 

Cheers.

It is not a 5ms delay. Response time is the time it takes for a pixel to change colour (quoted in GTG, so the time it takes to change from one shade of grey to another. It will take longer for black to white and different colours, so the response time statistic is pointless anyway) 5ms is 0.005 seconds, which you're not going to notice. 

Cheers for the correction, and thanks.

Turns out it was a 8ms response time

Cheers for the correction, and thanks 

No problem. Just a note on the Korean panels. I've heard that they're pretty hit and miss with the quality, with some being very good and others coming with bad backlight bleed, dead pixels and dead areas of backlight. Don't have any personal experience with them, but just a heads up. 

EDIT: Also, even if it is 8ms, it's still fine for gaming. The difference between 1ms and 8ms is 7/1000th of a second. 

you cannot notice 5ms

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

No problem. Just a note on the Korean panels. I've heard that they're pretty hit and miss with the quality, with some being very good and others coming with bad backlight bleed, dead pixels and dead areas of backlight. Don't have any personal experience with them, but just a heads up. 

EDIT: Also, even if it is 8ms, it's still fine for gaming. The difference between 1ms and 8ms is 7/1000th of a second. 

Cheers i will take note of that, I have seen multiple videos of people trying to fix the backlight bleed with electric tape.. i will do that if needed... maybe.,.

GTG response time is mostly marketing, unless you play fighters, you probably won't notice a frame or two of lag (Good lucky playing SF4 with that though)

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM