New build trouble

TheRandomness
Go to solution Solved by ChaseB,

It doesn't post.

set up BIOS to make the 370 main graphics.

Download lastest gpu drivers onto flah drive. plug gpu into pci e x16 boot up computer load windows and install the drivers. Thats it

Specs:
X4 860k
1x8GB Crucial
F2A78M-HD2
XFX R7 370
EVGA 500B

(Was the best I could do for £300~)

The problems is that it won't display anything, originally tried the motherboard outputs before forgetting that the CPU doesn't have an iGPU, then tried the dual link dvi on the graphics card and hdmi and neither of those displayed anything. I'm probably missing something really stupid here, but I can't think of what... This build is for a friend and I have about 2 hours to fix it.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Specs:

X4 860k

1x8GB I forgot the brand

F2A78M-HD2

XFX R7 370

EVGA 500B

(Was the best I could do for £300~)

The problems is that it won't display anything, originally tried the motherboard outputs before forgetting that the CPU doesn't have an iGPU, then tried the dual link dvi on the graphics card and hdmi and neither of those display anything. I'm probably missing something really stupid here, but I can't think of what... This build is for a friend and I have about 2 hours to fix it.

Your Power Supply May not be able to handle that card. You need to bump up your power supply.

Chase B
Sound Tech and GPU Expert

Are You New? Please Click on these links to help you out. Code Of Conduct | LTT Beginners Guide 

Your Power Supply May not be able to handle that card. You need to bump up your power supply.

It should be fine.

CPU:Intel Core i3 3210 Mobo:MSI B75MA-E33  GPU:Intel 2500 HD Graphics  SSD:Adata SP600 128gb  HDD:Seagate 1tb 7200rpm  

PSU:Corsair CX430   Case:Antec ASK4000bU3  Monitor:Dell S2240l 21.5 inch 1080p

It should be fine.

I looked it up, It recommends 500 but I think optimal should be 600-700 watts at least. He is cutting it very close.

Chase B

Are You New? Please Click on these links to help you out. Code Of Conduct | LTT Beginners Guide 

I looked it up, It recommends 500 but I think optimal should be 600-700 watts at least. He is cutting it very close.

No. R7 370 has a 110W TDP. 860K has a 95W TDP. Leave 100 for the rest of the components (FAR too generous, btw) = 305W TDP. He will be FINE with a 500w psu, 400 would be enough.

No. R7 370 has a 110W TDP. 860K has a 95W TDP. Leave 100 for the rest of the components (FAR too generous, btw) = 305W TDP. He will be FINE with a 500w psu, 400 would be enough.

^

CPU:Intel Core i3 3210 Mobo:MSI B75MA-E33  GPU:Intel 2500 HD Graphics  SSD:Adata SP600 128gb  HDD:Seagate 1tb 7200rpm  

PSU:Corsair CX430   Case:Antec ASK4000bU3  Monitor:Dell S2240l 21.5 inch 1080p

I sent him a message on things he can do. The PSU should be fine but on the website it recommends 650 and I find that optimal.  

Chase B

I sent him a message on things he can do. The PSU should be fine but on the website it recommends 650 and I find that optimal.  

What website? Also 650W is WAY overkill. 650W is enough for a 4460/980Ti you realise...

What website? Also 650W is WAY overkill. 650W is enough for a 4460/980Ti you realise...

http://xfxforce.com/en-us/products/amd-radeon-r7-300-series/amd-radeon-r7-370-4gb-double-dissipation-r7-370p-4df5

Chase B

Rhe recommended from the website is usually way to much.

If it was me I would up the power supply. You dont have to listen to me. just recommending. I sent him a message containing some trouble shoot options. Let the OP decide who he listens too

Chase B

If it was me I would up the power supply. You dont have to listen to me. just recommending. I sent him a message containing some trouble shoot options. Let the OP decide who he listens too

Just a little side note I forgot to talk about, what does Faulty WLP mean?

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Just a little side note I forgot to talk about, what does Faulty WLP mean?

Weakest liberal precondition??????? New Motherboard. Never heard of that before not really sure. 

Chase B

Weakest liberal precondition??????? New Motherboard. Never heard of that before not really sure. 

Yeah. my friend's rather unhappy that the motherboard is presumed dead so he has to send it back. Also, how would I install video drivers and such if there's no onboard graphics?

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Yeah. my friend's rather unhappy that the motherboard is presumed dead so he has to send it back. Also, how would I install video drivers and such if there's no onboard graphics?

What OS are you using 

Chase B

It doesn't post.

set up BIOS to make the 370 main graphics.

Download lastest gpu drivers onto flah drive. plug gpu into pci e x16 boot up computer load windows and install the drivers. Thats it

Chase B

Will try this when he gets it the new motherboard. Thanks :D

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Will try this when he gets it the new motherboard. Thanks :D

You can PM me or Post in the forums for more questions. Please tag me if you have direct questions for me. Example @ChaseB . Have a great day and I will talk to you later. 

Chase B