Ps2 to PC?

azzo

Hi guys :)

I recently wanted to replay some of my Ps2 games to relive the experience . However, is it possible to connect it to my Pc monitor?

I have been searching for AV cable converters, but to no luck. Please post a link or a way to get it hooked up to the monitor. And thanks in advance  ;)

Something like this, this one is a bit expensive and you can find them for cheaper http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HDMI-to-Component-Converter-Adapter-RGB-Video-Stereo-Audio-/200928625018

It's a component to HDMI adapter

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

If you can't find a cable you could always use an emulator on your pc like PCSX2.

Mobo: MSI X99A Gaming 7 | CPU: 5820K | CPU Cooler: H100i with NF-F12s in push | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 | GPU: MSI GTX 780 Gaming Edition | SSDs: Samsung 840 EVO & 250GB Sandisk Extreme 120GB | HDD: Various

If you can't find a cable you could always use an emulator on your pc like PCSX2.

This. 

It is perfectly legal to use an emulator so long as you own a copy of the system and the game on disc (not burned, but purchased on the original disc). 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

You have to get a PS2 bios and you need the network adapter to get your own. However there are bios packs available online, but that might not be strictly legal. 

Mobo: MSI X99A Gaming 7 | CPU: 5820K | CPU Cooler: H100i with NF-F12s in push | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 | GPU: MSI GTX 780 Gaming Edition | SSDs: Samsung 840 EVO & 250GB Sandisk Extreme 120GB | HDD: Various

I'm looking for them now. thank you very much :)

Hi guys :)

I recently wanted to replay some of my Ps2 games to relive the experience . However, is it possible to connect it to my Pc monitor?

I have been searching for AV cable converters, but to no luck. Please post a link or a way to get it hooked up to the monitor. And thanks in advance  ;)

why ?

just emulate  it and run ur games at a much higher resolution and high smoother fps

SoTC was a dream to run on my PC

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Thank you guys for your feed back :) .I think i will probably just emulate it unless i actually feel the need for a converter

PCSX2 is decent, although certain games don't run very well on it, particularly Ratchet and Clank games as well as the Jak and Daxter games (if someone has these running smoothly, I'd like to know :) they're really unplayable for me). They suffer from pretty big graphical issues as well as audio glitches.

PCSX2 is decent, although certain games don't run very well on it, particularly Ratchet and Clank games as well as the Jak and Daxter games (if someone has these running smoothly, I'd like to know :) they're really unplayable for me). They suffer from pretty big graphical issues as well as audio glitches.

I plan to play FF series again and age of empires. i stopped halfway through XII. I'm hopefully going back to ratchet and daxter someday too :)

I plan to play FF series again and age of empires. i stopped halfway through XII. I'm hopefully going back to ratchet and daxter someday too :)

Well, fortunately the FF series all play fairly well, although I can't speak for how well they do through to the end-game as I've only played through about half or a little more of each one through PCSX2 (so FFX, FFX-2, and FFXII). Also, the Prince of Persia series suffers from slight graphical but equal performance issues.

Do not bother with FF XII. I felt it was the downhill game of the FF series and never finished it (I am literally at the town before the final boss). 

You mean "Ratchet and Clank" and "Jak and Daxter"? I believe they all play pretty well on the Emulator.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

You mean "Ratchet and Clank" and "Jak and Daxter"? I believe they all play pretty well on the Emulator.

They don't. As I said above, I've tried them and they both suffer from graphical glitches and various slowdowns. This is a known issue in the PCSX2 community, so hopefully future revisions of the emulator will fix it, but for now they're unplayable.

why ?

just emulate  it and run ur games at a much higher resolution and high smoother fps

SoTC was a dream to run on my PC

Technically the game cannot be ran at higher FPS due to the Ps2's Engine ( ? ), Speedhacks increase the cap of FPS but in term increase ingame speed, slow mo / decreasing the FPS can also have the opposite effect, Higher internal resolutions absolutely kill Vram to the best of my knowledge, (Tested under 1280 x 1024 with the internal upscaled to x5) 

Cpu: i5-2500k @4.8Ghz, MB: Asus Maximus V Formula, CPU cooler: Be quiet! Dark rock pro 2, GPU: Evga Gtx660 FTW@1.24ghz. Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866Mhz, PSU: Be quiet! 730w Semi modular, SSD: Corsair force 3 240Gb, HDD: WD Green 1TB, Case: Nzxt H2 with 4 Corsair SP120's, Win7

Technically the game cannot be ran at higher FPS due to the Ps2's Engine ( ? ), Speedhacks increase the cap of FPS but in term increase ingame speed, slow mo / decreasing the FPS can also have the opposite effect, Higher internal resolutions absolutely kill Vram to the best of my knowledge, (Tested under 1280 x 1024 with the internal upscaled to x5) 

Sotc is one of the very few games that has a variable framerate  because it pushed the limits of the ps2 hardware (frame drops)

with today's hardware its not hard to run 

ive seen people run it at  2560 x 1792

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Sotc is one of the very few games that has a variable framerate  because it pushed the limits of the ps2 hardware (frame drops)

with today's hardware its not hard to run 

ive seen people run it at  2560 x 1792

If it had variable framerate wouldn't it cause varying levels of slow downs and what not?, and of course, it isn't hard to run, I've tried it on my 660 with 2Gb Vram and ran into problems as I stated, so I just backed it down to x4

Cpu: i5-2500k @4.8Ghz, MB: Asus Maximus V Formula, CPU cooler: Be quiet! Dark rock pro 2, GPU: Evga Gtx660 FTW@1.24ghz. Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1866Mhz, PSU: Be quiet! 730w Semi modular, SSD: Corsair force 3 240Gb, HDD: WD Green 1TB, Case: Nzxt H2 with 4 Corsair SP120's, Win7

Use a emulator like PCSX2. I use it all the time to play my legal copy's of my old games. 

THE PIT VIPER SPECS

4790k @ 4.7ghz  (EVGA CLC 360MM) | 32GB Patriot Viper Extreme @2133 mhz | Asus Z97-DELUXE Cooler Master H500M.| EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3