Corsair Link/H110i GTX Cooling Question

That_Random_Guy

I built a new rig and have it up and running. 5820k, h110i gtx, 32gb ram, the whole nine yards. But anyway my question is this. I started some Aida64 cpu stress testing to get some temp readings so i could overclock. the problem is that my h110i gtx fans are connected to the cooler and that the cooler on turns the fans on when it reaches a certain degree. So the cpu can be at 60c and the cooler temp at 35c and that makes the fans stay at a low rpm how can i fix this so that the fans on the h110i gtx respond to the temp of the cpu and not the temps of the cooler.

post-259091-0-42385200-1449374435_thumb.

Also How would i link a fan to my cpu temp for example look below

post-259091-0-39480200-1449375296_thumb.

If this program isn't able to do this then what others are out there that will?

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

corsair link does use the CPU temperatures to setup the fan profile.

the cooler temperature is the actual coolant temperature and there is no

setup to correlate the coolant temperature to control anything.

if thats the case then why are my fans at idle when the cpu is at 60c

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

I've got an h110 gtx and use corsair link the problem is that my cpu temp hit easily 60c but the fans are on idle. the fans are set to increase speed with the coolant temp and not cpu temp is there a way to change this in corsair link or what can i use to fix this

Try and change it in bios?

I speak my mind, sorry if thats a problem.

@OddsCrazyStuff 

found another post on another website. Someone has had the exact same problem apparently the h110i gtx edition doesn't support the function to make the fans be controlled off the cpu temp. dont understand why they would make it that way being how stupid it is. RPMs for the fans don't show up in bios or anywhere else for that matter. They only show in corsair link. seriously debating on RMAing this piece.

gonna try disconnecting the fans from the cooler and put them on the MOBO meanwhile do you know any worthwhile fan control software

Fucking serious? They link it based off coolant temp? Wow Corsair you just keep outdoing yourselves at being terrible.

You can use SpeedFan, it's the best fan control program there is. Nothing comes close in flexibility.

Try and change it in bios?

well the cooler has its on plugs for the fans so it wouldn't detect the rpm of the fans.

I did fix it however by plugging the fans into the MOBO. and using the bios then to set the fans

Fucking serious? They link it based off coolant temp? Wow Corsair you just keep outdoing yourselves at being terrible.

You can use SpeedFan, it's the best fan control program there is. Nothing comes close in flexibility.

yea. its ridiculous that its based off of cpu coolant but what ever i bypassed corsair link and only use it for the pump motor and led on the pump

Corsairs link program is utter garbage and whoever designed it for the h110i gtx should be shot. but anyway the problem is somewhat resolved. although i would have like to use the program for all my fans i ended up using it for only the pump. I plugged all the fans into the mobo and went through the bios to set fan speeds manually.

I ended up getting stable temps of 47c for 30 mins at max cpu usage in Aida 64 with relatively low rpm and fan noise.

I guess its time to start overclocking