Need help figuring out Fallout 4 FPS issue (and GC issue).

DevilishBooster

You probably already disabled Godray in .ini file that's why graphic settings had no effects.

Even the greatest single GPU to date had huge performance lost with Godray on Ultra.

fallout-4-god-rays-quality-performance-6

fallout4_godrays_comparison.jpg

Nope, since I mod my game I know the innie files by heart. Can't speak for Nvidia drivers but my 390 has no issues with God rays using Crimson drivers.

Like I said, my 390 runs cooler playing Fallout 4 than just about any game I own. Very rare it hits 100%, and that's with everything set to ultra.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Nope, since I mod my game I know the innie files by heart. Can't speak for Nvidia drivers but my 390 has no issues with God rays using Crimson drivers.

Like I said, my 390 runs cooler playing Fallout 4 than just about any game I own. Very rare it hits 100%, and that's with everything set to ultra.

That bring back to my first point, either you card hit bottleneck somewhere that prevent it to reach 100% usage or it hit a frame cap. I doubt your 390 is borked although you did mentioned in different thread you get lower FPS with your 390 compare to your 290x.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

That bring back to my first point, either you card hit bottleneck somewhere that prevent it to reach 100% usage or it hit a frame cap. I doubt your 390 is borked although you did mentioned in different thread you get lower FPS with your 390 compare to your 290x.

290, it sees better utilization for some reason. And look at the post Crimson numbers, nothing about God Rays limiting the 980ti. I have an issue with shadows, and that's because of my CPU. Everyone that's tested a i5 against an i7 has recorded that the i7 does a much better job keeping the fps from dipping severely.

KSumEmRQ4KFX.878x0.Z-Z96KYq_zpslzql1m92.

290, it sees better utilization for some reason. And look at the post Crimson numbers, nothing about God Rays limiting the 980ti. I have an issue with shadows, and that's because of my CPU. Everyone that's tested a i5 against an i7 has recorded that the i7 does a much better job keeping the fps from dipping severely.

-snip-

Why? Because 980Ti is ahead of Fury X then Godrays doesn't limit it at all? The reviewer didn't mention how he benchmarked these cards,where and what time of the day(i mean ingame). There's a probability that very little to no Godrays involved in his benchmark.

Did my own test 

Godray Off

gBr57vt.png

Godray Low

SjxcZoP.png

But i get your point, Godray didn't affect FPS that much because the game/driver already bottlenecked by shadow distance/drawcalls and no, upgrading to i7 won't improve your Fallout 4 performance significantly. Overclocking your i5 will be more worth it.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Why? Because 980Ti is ahead of Fury X then Godrays doesn't limit it at all? The reviewer didn't mention how he benchmarked these cards,where and what time of the day(i mean ingame). There's a probability that very little to no Godrays involved in his benchmark.

Did my own test 

Godray Off

gBr57vt.png

Godray Low

SjxcZoP.png

But i get your point, Godray didn't affect FPS that much because the game/driver already bottlenecked by shadow distance/drawcalls and no, upgrading to i7 won't improve your Fallout 4 performance significantly. Overclocking your i5 will be more worth it.

How do you even turn godray off?

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

How do you even turn godray off?

In the advanced options in the launcher. I turn them way down because they're an eye sore. So nothing is lost by limiting them.

A 4790k has been compared to the performance of a 4690k by multiple reviewers and they all came to the same conclusion that a 4790k will make a dramatic impact of the minimum fps in Fallout 4. I'm sorry if that's an inconvenience to anyone but the fact remains that a i7 is needed for stability in Fallout 4.

In the advanced options in the launcher. I turn them way down because they're an eye sore. So nothing is lost by limiting them.

A 4790k has been compared to the performance of a 4690k by multiple reviewers and they all came to the same conclusion that a 4790k will make a dramatic impact of the minimum fps in Fallout 4. I'm sorry if that's an inconvenience to anyone but the fact remains that a i7 is needed for stability in Fallout 4.

I know there's the setting in the advanced menu in the launcher, but every time I set it to off it reverts itself back to low. I want to turn it off for good.

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

I know there's the setting in the advanced menu in the launcher, but every time I set it to off it reverts itself back to low. I want to turn it off for good.

Mod that shit :lol: , the Nexus has a few launchers that let you turn things off for good. None of them play nice with the Beta patch from Bethesda so be warned on that though. Just make sure you're not using the Bethesda beta patch in Steam.