How to format 2nd hard drive

acerwin

i got my 2nd hard drive from a pre-built PC (acer aspire ax1800)

so now my pc got 2 hard drive and my problem is that 2nd hard is partition into two

this is what it looks like right now http://imgur.com/DDIYXEC

and now i'm afraid to format it by just right clicking the the local disk (E:) and simply click format because i thought that it won't format the (F:) if i did that,

so basically, i just to format it and it should be 300gb and not partition into two.

help meeee, thank you in advance!

you will need to go into disk management and delete the current partitions on the drive and then create a new single partition.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

You can erase the partition(s) through windows disk manager. You will find it under control panel > Administrative Tools > Computer Management > Disk Management

Select the partition you want to erase. The Disk management tool will list both you physical drive and the partitions each drive has.

After you have erased the partition you will be able to reformat the drive in what ever configuration you want.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER