No POST, troubleshooting failed, what to do next?

A_Stone

I have recently bought some component for a PC build. I'm wanted to see if/how the CPU, RAM and motherboard worked together before I bought and put together the whole thing.

I have put the components together and connected them to my PSU (the motherboard laying on the box it came in). I shorted the power switch pins and the CPU cooler and one of the msi "EZ debug LEDs" instantly turned on however nothing on my screen. The Motherboard has 3 of those debug LEDs and only the one that according to the manual: "indicates CPU is not detected or fail" turned on.

Parts:

CPU: i5-6500

RAM: 2x4GB HyperX Fury DDR4 (HX421C14FBK2/8)

Motherboard: MSI H110M PRO-VH (couldn't find this on pcpartpicker, it's a cheaper one though)

PSU: 550w from XFX, TS Series i believe

What I have done:

• Verified that the screen is working using another computer.
  • Connected the monitor using VGA and an HDMI to DVI-D adapter.
  • Reconnected both the 4-pin CPU and 24-pin power connector multiply times.
  • Tried all possible RAM module configurations (the motherboard only has 2 RAM slots) including no modules at all.
  • "reseated" the CPU and locked for bent pins (couldn't see any) two times.
  • Cleared CMOS.
  • Having the monitor not connected.

Nothing that I've done have in any way changed what happens when the motherboard is powered on. I do find it weird that the "no DRAM" LED didn't turn on when I tried running it without any RAM modules. Another thing is that I don't have any dedicated debug buzzer for the board so I can't hear any beep codes. 

A final note is that the motherboards compatibility list doesn't specific list my ram kit, could this be the issue? causing it to detect the cpu as failed?

Thankful for help (and sorry for my not so great English)

fun fact, i didnt notice any bad english until "sorry for my not so great english"...

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

Could just be a faulty mobo dead on arrival, its happened to me a few times. The CPU socket probably has a fault. Unless you have another CPU to pop in it and test?

Try updating the BIOS with the newest version from MSI website  -  http://www.msi.com/product/motherboard/support/H110M-PRO-VH.html#down-bios

The lastest version released 11/16/2015 is supposed to expand memory compatibility for that MB.

Is there any way I can update it without having access to BIOS or do I have to get components that works with the current one to do that?

Could just be a faulty mobo dead on arrival, its happened to me a few times. The CPU socket probably has a fault. Unless you have another CPU to pop in it and test?

No I don't and unfortunately I highly doubt that I know anyone who do.

If it is a faulty motherboard can I just return it or do I need some form of prof that it's not working?

If it is a faulty motherboard can I just return it or do I need some form of prof that it's not working?

You can just return it and they will test it to make sure it is faulty. If they do their tests and it is not faulty they will just sent it back to you.

Or you can try and return it to the place you bought it from and get a refund... but if its been opened im not sure how they will do this. 

You'll probably have to go through an RMA process to return it, depending on where you bought it from.  The seller will just replace it.  If you send it back to the manufacturer, they will test it to determine if its actually faulty.  Which will probably be a longer affair.  I'd try to RMA to place of purchase if possible.