Laptop Screen Broken

I recently received this laptop from my sister, as she just bought a new microsoft surface tablet. She told me that she had accidentaly stepped on the screen at one point, from pure carelessness and it just sitting on her floor. It is a touchscreen 15.6" laptop. The model is a Toshiba Satelite c55t-A5102. The touchscreen is still fully functional, i can use it even on the dark spots. I'm wondering if anyone on the forums here knows if i will need to replace the digitizer, LCD screen or the touchscreen alltogether. It'd be greatly appreciated if someone can let me know which one i should buy. Also, if you know of a guide anywhere on how to do the replacement myself, that'd be great!

Thanks!

post-291096-0-51012100-1449248165_thumb.

New LCD probably

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

OH THE HUMANITY"

wait, that's not a human...

OH THE MACHINERY!

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

I would replace the entire screen itself (the digitizer as well if it's cracked). The digitizer though, i'm not sure. If you service it, i would inspect the digitizer for any damage that occurred along with the LCD. Place the digitizer up to a bright light (like how you would with a dollar bill) and do a through inspection before deciding to replace.

Lucky for you, i had my fair share of repairing laptops. I will give some pointers in addition to the links. :)

What you will need:

Eyeglass screwdriver set (i.e. flat head and philips)

Screw Collector (you can use anything for this such as bowls, cups, etc.)

Patience (lots of it too)

A clean, dirt-free working surface

Nitrile gloves to handle the screen (latex gloves leave a powdery residue)

A lint-free cloth

Cleaning Agent (isopropyl alcohol will do)

Steps:

1. Start by disassembling the laptop as shown in the video. I would recommend pausing it every now and then (to pace yourself).

2. Wearing nitrile gloves, carefully replace the LCD screen. The digitizer will have to be replaced as well (if its severely damaged). If digitizer is intact, give it a very good cleaning with rubbing alcohol (ensuring there are no smudges or fingerprints).

3. Clean the screen surface thoroughly and wipe away any dust.

4. Reassemble everything together.

5. Fire it up and enjoy your your newly replaced screen! :D

Video:

Parts Link:

LCD: http://www.amazon.com/Toshiba-Satellite-C55T-A5222-Display-Screen/dp/B00NI7HNQG

Digitizer: http://www.amazon.com/Lcdoled%C2%AE15-6-Replacement-Digitizer-Toshiba-Satellite/dp/B00XVPNW7Y

Cheers man. Good luck on your repair. :)

I would replace the entire screen itself. The digitizer though, i'm not sure. If you service it, i would inspect the digitizer for any damage that occurred along with the LCD. Place the digitizer up to a bright light (like how you would with a dollar bill) and do a through inspection before deciding to replace.

By the entire screen, do you just mean the LCD or the touchscreen part aswell? I'm hoping I don't have to replace the touchscreen because it would up the cost a large amount. Like I said, the touchscreen still works perfectly. If possible, I'd abolutely love to just replace the LCD itself, or the Digitizer.

Thanks!

By the entire screen, do you just mean the LCD or the touchscreen part aswell? I'm hoping I don't have to replace the touchscreen because it would up the cost a large amount. Like I said, the touchscreen still works perfectly. If possible, I'd abolutely love to just replace the LCD itself, or the Digitizer.

Thanks!

The LCD screen is a must. The digitizer= Maybe.