Pc Build Help!

Xylonical

Hey guys im going to be getting a pc here and I just needed a bit of help. I don't really know what in particular is compatible and non-compatible so I am reaching out to you for help. I am going to be keeping the overall theme of the pc green and black so when it comes to parts green or black would be nice :)

Thank you for you're help stranger!

I already have a few parts in mind however I would appreciate some suggestions on what I should get.

I would like to keep it to a budget of about $500 for the parts I haven't decided on

Shipping doesn't matter!

Here's the list:

Case: ? (Something with a flat side and window like a corsair obsidian)

CPU: ?

Ram: ?

Motherboard: ?

Power: ?

Cooling: ? (Something with colored tubing or clear tubing)

Hard Drive: ?

Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 970   http://goo.gl/NN8TnR

try using pcpartpicker.com.  everything you need for a new pc can be ordered there and they check compatibility and will tell you if something is not compatible.  

"If a man does his best, what else is there?"
- General George S. Patton (1885-1945)

-snip-

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($174.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($69.89 @ OutletPC) 
Case: Corsair 350D Window MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($89.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $494.32
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-12-04 02:45 EST-0500

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($199.99 @ SuperBiiz)  <<Buy cooling later, it will only be for noise level and aesthetics though
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($52.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($45.88 @ OutletPC)
Case: NZXT S340 - Designed by Razer ATX Mid Tower Case  ($88.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 520W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($55.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $443.84
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-12-04 02:57 EST-0500

Try and find this mobo, seems they are hard to find and overpriced on Ebay:  http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5526#ov

Gigabyte-G1.Sniper-B7-Socket-LGA1151-Mot

yeah

When a man comes up to Motherboard he says "hey lady wanna do it" and she slaps him with a board (BEST JOKE 2015) (I'm new to LLT I'm sorry)

~snip~

Hey there Xylonical :) Welcome to the community!

What will be the purpose of this build? Any particular programs/games in mind? Would you like to be able to upgrade down the road or overclock?
The guys gave you some really good suggestions!
Regarding the storage, you would like to ultimately have a SSD as your boot drive so your system can be pretty responsive and smooth, but the current budget is unlikely to allow this. I would recommend to start with a WD Blue and then save up for a good SSD. :) Here's a link with more info about the WD Blue drive: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=HmLNek
Feel free to ask if you have questions :)

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/ 

First of all thank you to everyone who gave some suggestions and the overall purpose of the pc is for gaming and digital media work.

~snip~

Well for those purposes I would try to get the best GPU you can afford. Getting a higher-end CPU is also a good idea. 8GB of memory should be enough: you can start with a single 8GB stick in order to save money and then upgrade with another one later on. A SSD would improve the computer's performance but it's not vital for this type of usage (especially for gaming). :) I'd still consider one, though.

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/ 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, i've been researching computers and pc parts for a few months now and I think I got a handle on this. I would first of all like to ask if there is anything I still need to know as things are still a bit confusing. Secondly I am trying to build a pc. I made a post a while back about this and it wasn't all that professional. I would appreciate anyone that would help me out with the pc build.

PC build requirements: Im trying to keep the budget in range of about $600-$950 Please keep in mind shipping does not matter and I live in Canada thus the price difference. I have a few parts in mind and will show these below. The overall purpose of this is for gaming with VR (oculus rift) at 1080p I don't need any extra peripherals just the pc parts.

CPU: (AMD is preferred however intel is fine)

Cooler: (Liquid cooling something cheap and effective)

Memory: (Preferred internal HD not SSD)

Video Card: (Something green or black)

Case: NZXT S340 (black) $99

Power Supply: ?

I also need some kind of Wi-Fi connectivity since I would have direct access to Ethernet. 

As well as the overall theme is green 

Any other questions please ask. I appreciate the help! :)

Follow your own posts if you want notifications @Xylonical

I have a few questions for you.

Why do you prefer AMD over Intel?

Why do you prefer a HD over SSD?

Also, a few things to say:

Liquid cooling will NOT be able to happen at that budget. You will need an air cooler. Also, you can't liquid cool in an NZXT s340 unless you had serious modding skills.

Intel will be a lot better at that price range, especially for oculus rift.

Once you respond I can put together a good build for you :)

The Oculus rift DK2 has a resolution of 1080x1200@90Hz PER EYE, so you'd probably want a little more performance than you can get from this budget for a VR application.

Why a Hard Drive over an SSD?

Why AMD over Intel?

Welcome to LTT! Feel free to PM me if you just wanna chat, I love conversation!

If you ever have any audio questions, wether it's software, hardware, or production and theory, feel free to ask me. Odds are I can help you, or get you help. 

Why a Hard Drive over an SSD?

Why AMD over Intel?

I would guess price.

AMD is cheaper, and HDD's are far cheaper when going to bigger sizes.

It's not a race to the bottom.

Im going for AMD because I also want a lot of digital media work not just gaming plus they are generally cheapers and I would prefer a Hard Drive just because of the price

Hi, i've been researching computers and pc parts for a few months now and I think I got a handle on this. I would first of all like to ask if there is anything I still need to know as things are still a bit confusing. Secondly I am trying to build a pc. I made a post a while back about this and it wasn't all that professional. I would appreciate anyone that would help me out with the pc build.

PC build requirements: Im trying to keep the budget in range of about $600-$950 Please keep in mind shipping does not matter and I live in Canada thus the price difference. I have a few parts in mind and will show these below. The overall purpose of this is for gaming with VR (oculus rift) at 1080p I don't need any extra peripherals just the pc parts.

CPU: (AMD is preferred however intel is fine)

Cooler: (Liquid cooling something cheap and effective)

Memory: (Preferred internal HD not SSD)

Video Card: (Something green or black)

Case: NZXT S340 (black) $99

Power Supply: ?

I also need some kind of Wi-Fi connectivity since I would have direct access to Ethernet. 

As well as the overall theme is green 

Any other questions please ask. I appreciate the help! :)

Im going for AMD because I also want a lot of digital media work not just gaming plus they are generally cheapers and I would prefer a Hard Drive just because of the price

An AMD build is not generally cheaper to build, and sure as heck not better for editing:

$948 before taxes/rebates:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231 V3 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($355.98 @ Newegg Canada)

Motherboard: ASRock H97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($64.95 @ NCIX)

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($39.99 @ Newegg Canada)

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($58.98 @ DirectCanada)

Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 380 4GB Video Card  ($264.98 @ NCIX)

Case: Thermaltake Versa H22 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($46.22 @ Vuugo)

Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 520W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($79.99 @ Newegg Canada)

Case Fan: Antec TwoCool 75246 42.6 CFM 120mm  Fan  ($6.00 @ shopRBC)  <<Front intake

Case Fan: Antec TwoCool 75246 42.6 CFM 120mm  Fan  ($6.00 @ shopRBC)  <<Front intake

Total: $923.09

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-12-26 02:44 EST-0500

...add $10 for a can of green spray paint.