Newb to water cooling about to press "buy" But first....

Alright folks. I'm throwing in the towel on air cooling. Never water cooled before and I'm going to do this right. All suggestions are welcome.

So far this is what I'm leaning toward

Define S case

2 XSPC white 140mm triple rads

6 Venturi HP-14s

Swiftech's Apogee XL (Clear)

PETG tubing of an undecided diameter

As you see, I haven't decided on fittings, GPU block, pump, or res. (possibly other stuff?)

Is what I've chosen so far any good? Any ideas for the missing parts? I'm looking to run low, quiet fan speeds. The GPU is going to be a 980ti of some sort, but haven't really decided on which. I'm leaning toward the Gigabyte 980ti G1, but I'm not sure how difficult it'd be to find a full block for that card? Perhaps someone can point me in the direction of a card that'd be better suited for me too! Definitely going to want some soft tubing and a drain port too.

I know it's usually ill advised to go with hard tubing on your first go. Yes I plan on buying a TON of extra. I don't like the look of soft tubing.

Thanks in advance folks!

EVGA and MSI let you take off the cooler without voiding warranty

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Define S is very good but I don't think it fits 2 3x140 rads, but I think you could go down to a 3x140 and a 3x120

Pro Tip: don't use flash when taking pictures of your build; use a longer exposure instead. Prop up your camera with something (preferably a tripod) if necessary.

if you use retarded/autistic/etc to mean stupid please gtfo

Define S is very good but I don't think it fits 2 3x140 rads, but I think you could go down to a 3x140 and a 3x120

Good to know. The Fractal website says it fits 3 140mm in the front and 3 140mm on the top. Does that not hold true with the rads?

Good to know. The Fractal website says it fits 3 140mm in the front and 3 140mm on the top. Does that not hold true with the rads?

According to my reviewer guide it's 420mm in the top and 360mm in the front for rads

Pro Tip: don't use flash when taking pictures of your build; use a longer exposure instead. Prop up your camera with something (preferably a tripod) if necessary.

if you use retarded/autistic/etc to mean stupid please gtfo

sorry, the define S will handle a 3x140 (420) x 30mm thick in the roof and 280 in

the front. no dual 420 support at all. not tall enough.

defines-rad.png

and the 360 roof/360 front is not a blessing either. it'll work, but the roof rad is

30mm and will restrict the front rad top fan location pretty well.. i'm not happy

either. still looking for a pure 2x360 case without gobs of money..

and the 360 roof/360 front is not a blessing either. it'll work, but the roof rad is

30mm and will restrict the front rad top fan location pretty well.. i'm not happy

either. still looking for a pure 2x360 case without gobs of money..

You're probably the only person I've heard hate the define S... What else did you put in it?

was a shot in the dark. i was a fractal fan, but been let down after the arc midi r2

and now the S, same ole, same ole. no new innovations in case production.

prolly gunna make a wall mount and call it done.

was a shot in the dark. i was a fractal fan, but been let down after the arc midi r2

and now the S, same ole, same ole. no new innovations in case production.

prolly gunna make a wall mount and call it done.

Sucks... I like the case... Not going going to do any crazy clocking. I'll probably run a 360 on top and a 280 in front. Will that work?

actually, a 280x 60 can run the system without any voltage overclocking, even

upto a CPU/2xGPU loop. but once you get to adding voltage, then it deffo will

need some extra help.

for a CPU/GPU loop 2x 240 will be fine with minimal voltage increases. otherwise

360/240 can handle temps and low fan speeds.

actually, a 280x 60 can run the system without any voltage overclocking, even

upto a CPU/2xGPU loop. but once you get to adding voltage, then it deffo will

need some extra help.

for a CPU/GPU loop 2x 240 will be fine with minimal voltage increases. otherwise

360/240 can handle temps and low fan speeds.

Huge help. Thanks

If you want dump and simple. Use a NZXT G10 gpu bracket, with the AIO of your choice.

Systems built (personal) | 1. Bad Wolf (Has passed on to PC Heaven): https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/zX9WGX |  2. Red Husky: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/Mwhypg

Systems built (for commission) | 1. Red Fox: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/W4LD4D | 2. Not Namedhttp://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/TMhqqs 3. Bad Wolf 2.0: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/7p8Ycf upgraded Bad Wolf to an I3-7100 for my friend as a gift|

If you want dump and simple. Use a NZXT G10 gpu bracket, with the AIO of your choice

Interesting option. The white plate is absolutely beautiful, but I wont' be going the all in one route. I want to do this 100% custom.