PC turns on then turns off after 1 sec

TayZarR
Go to solution Solved by TayZarR,

There are several things that can cause a boot loop, one of the most common being a faulty PSU.  That is where I would start considering it is a used unit.

okay thanks ill try get another one.

Hi i am new to building a PC and i have recently attempted to do so with these parts:

Asrock 970 pro3 r2.0

AMD fx 6300 6-core

gtx 960 oc edition

2 x 4gb g.skill ripjaws 1600mhz ddr3

i have put it altogether but when i turn it on it turned on then off within 1 second. I took out the ram and then turned it on and it turned on and dosnt turn off but it causes beeping and i get no display. also i have switched the CPU with another i had laying around and it turned on with only 1 ram stick in and it worked i got to the bios with it like that but then i switched back to the fx 6300 and i haven't been able to get the same results as with the other CPU and i tried switching back to the other CPU and it hasn't worked since. 

Hi i am new to building a PC and i have recently attempted to do so with these parts:

Asrock 970 pro3 r2.0

AMD fx 6300 6-core

gtx 960 oc edition

2 x 4gb g.skill ripjaws 1600mhz ddr3

i have put it altogether but when i turn it on it turned on then off within 1 second. I took out the ram and then turned it on and it turned on and dosnt turn off but it causes beeping and i get no display. also i have switched the CPU with another i had laying around and it turned on with only 1 ram stick in and it worked i got to the bios with it like that but then i switched back to the fx 6300 and i haven't been able to get the same results as with the other CPU and i tried switching back to the other CPU and it hasn't worked since. 

Without punctuation, it was difficult to try to figure out the flow of ideas.

Alright, so it seems like there is an issue with FX 6300. Now that the motherboard is having issues, I suggest trying to clear the BIOS by either using the clear bios button or jumper or by removing the CMOS battery for 30-60 seconds then trying again.

Report back once these have been done. Also try without having any USB devices put in, as I know that can cause issues.

COMPUTER: Mobile Battlestation  |  CPU: INTEL I7-8700k |  Motherboard: Asus z370-i Strix Gaming  | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 | Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev. b |  PSU: Corsair SF600 | HDD: Samsung 860 evo 1tb

I had this problem, check bent motherboard pins.

CPU: Intel Xeon E3 1231 V3 3.4ghz CPU COOLER: Cryorig H7 w/ Red Corsair SP120mm  MOBO: MSI SLI Krait Edition Z170 MEMORY: G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb (2x4) Storage: Kingston V300 120gb, WD 1TB GPU: MSI R9 390X CASE: Phantom 410 (ew) PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Modular 550w CASE FANS: 4 CORSAIR SP120mm MONITOR: LG 25UM67 KEYBOARD: Das4 Ultimate Cherry MX Blue MOUSE: Deathadder Chroma Left-Handed AUDIO: Sennheiser HD598 Black, Astro A40s

What PSU?

enermax liberty dxx 500w it's the only part i have brought second hand.

Without punctuation, it was difficult to try to figure out the flow of ideas.

Alright, so it seems like there is an issue with FX 6300. Now that the motherboard is having issues, I suggest trying to clear the BIOS by either using the clear bios button or jumper or by removing the CMOS battery for 30-60 seconds then trying again.

Report back once these have been done. Also try without having any USB devices put in, as I know that can cause issues.

i have cleared the cmos by taking out the battery for 1min tried again and got the same results as before

i have cleared the cmos by taking out the battery for 1min tried again and got the same results as before

Did you try without USB devices?

COMPUTER: Mobile Battlestation  |  CPU: INTEL I7-8700k |  Motherboard: Asus z370-i Strix Gaming  | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 | Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev. b |  PSU: Corsair SF600 | HDD: Samsung 860 evo 1tb

enermax liberty dxx 500w it's the only part i have brought second hand

There are several things that can cause a boot loop, one of the most common being a faulty PSU.  That is where I would start considering it is a used unit.

Might be BIOS preventing from startup, I had the same problem. On your motherboard there should be a two-pin blue bridge placed in a three-pin space. Try to move it for 10secs in the other pins and then place it where it was. This resets BIOS. Let me know.

okay thanks ill try get another one.

It happens with me too..but when I try to start the pc aggin it beeps..