New ssd,mobo and cpu intstallation. Need urgent help!

LewisManslow

So im switching out my mobo, cpu and buying and ssd for xmas. Buying a i5 4590k, Msi mobo, 850 evo ssd. Ok so, i put all my hardware in bladeblade bla... Now that's the easy part and what comes next really confuses me, and if any of you could tell me what to do next it would be greatly appreciated! How do i reinstall windows on the ssd? What drivers will i have to install? Will all my programs go? Is ther aanyway to keep them? How do i put my os on my ssd? Thanks alo

A10 7850K (4.8GHZ) | Gtx 760 4GB | 16GB HyperX Fury White 2133mhz (OC) | A88XM-PLUS | Corsair CX 430 | Bit fenix Neos |

I'd recommend doing a fresh install of windows.

Mount an ISO of whatever version of windows you want to install onto a USB using a program of your choice, then boot off of the USB you just mounted the ISO on, and keep clicking next on the install, select your SSD (you might need to initialize and partition it first) and it'll install Windows on it. Then do the usual installation of drivers, as well as any program you want.

I actually couldn't underclock my 5 year old GPU to make it as slow as a next-gen console.

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick

you could clone the current ssd to the new one using the current parts then you wouldn't have to reinstall anything.

if you don't need to keep your stuff just do a clean install

Edited by legoset0

Desktop: 16gb Ram, i7-2600k, GTX 560 OC.    Laptop: i7, 8gb DDR3, 840m GPU

Server 1 (Files and AD): i3 3220, 4gb DDR3, 1TB Western Digital Blue, Overkill motherboard I got for free (better than main computer) changed to xeon, don't remember exactly what but xeon version of the processor  and 8gb ECC Ram   Server 2 (games): 8gb Ram, i5, Geforce 710m

get drivers from intel, msi, and whoever made your GPU. as for windows do whatever those other people said^^

Could you link me to and iso or whatever you were oo about?! And as i have never done this before, as i put all tje new parts in etc when i finish installing windows do the drivers auto install or not? Would i go on the intel website or something? Sorry if i am coming across as a noob ahha

A10 7850K (4.8GHZ) | Gtx 760 4GB | 16GB HyperX Fury White 2133mhz (OC) | A88XM-PLUS | Corsair CX 430 | Bit fenix Neos |

Could you link me to and iso or whatever you were oo about?! And as i have never done this before, as i put all tje new parts in etc when i finish installing windows do the drivers auto install or not? Would i go on the intel website or something? Sorry if i am coming across as a noob ahha

What are you upgrading from? (oem pc, or a pc you build before?) Did you buy windows before? This is important. You will need a windows key and if you want to do it legally you need to buy windows.  

Also you can also ways just go to youtube and type how to install windows. Way easier to follow then some forum post.