STRIX R9 390 upgrade problems

JitaJosh

I've been attempting to install this graphics card for over a week to replace the current GTX 550 ti. Even swapping to a new power supply. I don't want replace the motherboard  to but i think the it may be to old for the card perhaps the DDR5 v-ram on the card is clashing with the ga-b75m-d3h and CPU  support for DDR3. I dont know please help.

Motherboard: ga-b75m-d3h

CPU: Intel Core i7‑3770 3.4 GHz Quad‑Core 

Power supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 B2

Ram:4x 4gb  Chinese DDR3

with the card installed the monitor is at black screen.   

It should work. is the card inserted properly and is the power connectors plugged in right?

Spoiler

CPU: AMD R7 5800X | CPU Cooler: Corsair H115i PRO | Motherboard: MSI B550-A PRO | Memory: G.Skill RIPJAWS V DDR4 3200mhz 64GB | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra | PSU: Seasonic Prime 1300w | OS Drive: Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB | Games Drive: Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB | Media Drive: 2x WD Blue HDD 1TB in Raid 0 | Media Drive: 2x WD Black HDD 2TB in Raid 1 | Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D | Monitor 1: ASUS PB287Q UHD | Monitor 2: ASUS PG278Q WQHD

I've been attempting to install this graphics card for over a week to replace the current GTX 550 ti. Even swapping to a new power supply. I don't want replace the motherboard  to but i think the it may be to old for the card perhaps the DDR5 v-ram on the card is clashing with the ga-b75m-d3h and CPU  support for DDR3. I dont know please help.

Motherboard: ga-b75m-d3h

CPU: Intel Core i7‑3770 3.4 GHz Quad‑Core 

Power supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 B2

Ram:4x 4gb  Chinese DDR3

with the card installed the monitor is at black screen.   

Are your display cables plugged int the GPU?

You might have to disable iGPU.

It should work. is the card inserted properly and is the power connectors plugged in right?

yes 8 and 6 pin and even put the PC on its side to make shure

Are your display cables plugged int the GPU?

You might have to disable iGPU.

Do tell. must i plug in a spare monitor to the motherboard wile i boot the PC to select the new card or somthing like that?

yes 8 and 6 pin and even put the PC on its side to make shure

Do tell. must i plug in a spare monitor to the motherboard wile i boot the PC to select the new card or somthing like that?

Usually, you should be able to plug the GPU in, plug your display cables into the GPU and be on your way.

You might have to enable/disable something called iGPU Multi Monitor in your BIOS and you might have to change a setting that says something similar to Onboard video to PCIe.