Blu Pure XL vs Nexus 6P

thatonguy

Hello everyone!

I am going to buy a new phone very soon and I'm having a little trouble choosing between the two in the title. I looked them up on geekbench and most of the results favored the Blu, ive also looked up some pictures from the camera (nexus = 12MP, Blu = 24MP) and both looked very good. Here are the specs for both phones

Blu Pure XL specs (350$ so around 275 - 300 euros)

Display 6-inch 2560x1440 super amoled with gorilla 3

Processor 2 GHz 64-bit octa core (mediatek MT6795 Helio x10)

Ram 3GB

Camera 24 MP back f/2.3 sensor with sapphire +6p lens, 8 MP wide angle front

Storage 64 GB + micro SD slot (back can be opened)

Ports Micro USB 2.0, audio jack, fingerprint reader (just as fast as nexus 6P0

Battery 3500 MaH with quickcharge

OS android 5.1

Nexus 6P (590 euros)

Display 5.7-inch 2560x1440 amoled with gorilla 4

Processor 2 GHz 64-bit octa core (ARM Cortex-A57 and ARM Cortex-A53)

Ram 3GB

Camera 12 MP back f/2.0 sinsor (idk what lens) 8 MP front

Storage 32 GB, back cant be opened

Ports micro usb (2.0?), audio jack, fingerprint scanner

Battery 3450 MaH (idk about quickcharge)

OS android 6.0

As of right now I am leaning towards the Blu because of the almost identical specs and the price difference but I dont have any experience with both. My dad always says 'if something seems to good to be treu, it usually is' so I thought it might be good to ask a kind and smart community about this :D

thank you for your time in advance ;)

Megapixels aren't everything you know...and the CPU cores in the nexus are much more powerful...

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

Megapixels aren't everything you know...and the CPU cores in the nexus are much more powerful...

The X10 really isn't too far behind the Snapdragon 810. (AnTuTu scores for the X10 tend to be around 50K while 810 scores tend to be around 52K to 55K.) They're definitely not meant to be direct competitors, but considering how well the Pure XL performs for $350, I could definitely see why someone would buy it over the Nexus 6P. It has most of the features in a larger package with a much lower price.

I'll throw in the Nexus 6 (not the 6P) as an example. It costs $50 less than the Pure XL in the US, however it doesn't have expandable storage or a fingerprint sensor. However, it's running a newer version of Android and it has a Qualcomm SoC (the SD805.) The SD805 scores right around the X10 in AnTuTu, which should be indicative of how good the overall performance of both of the devices are. And the Nexus 6 is no slouch. It can still handle smooth OS operation at 1440p and even gaming just fine.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

So, The Nexus has a better camera, faster CPU and better software support.

The Blu has it's price going for it.

The reason why I would never buy the Blu, is because it has no LTE. (on bands I care about, might be different in your country, however based on you using €, I would say it will be similar for you.)

So check LTE coverage in your country, if it has bands you want, go for the BLU.

So, The Nexus has a better camera, faster CPU and better software support.

The Blu has it's price going for it.

The reason why I would never buy the Blu, is because it has no LTE. (on bands I care about, might be different in your country, however based on you using €, I would say it will be similar for you.)

So check LTE coverage in your country, if it has bands you want, go for the BLU.

My country (holland) has 4g networks availeble, but i dont have a subscriptoin to one of those services so that's not really an issieu for me.

The X10 really isn't too far behind the Snapdragon 810. (AnTuTu scores for the X10 tend to be around 50K while 810 scores tend to be around 52K to 55K.) They're definitely not meant to be direct competitors, but considering how well the Pure XL performs for $350, I could definitely see why someone would buy it over the Nexus 6P. It has most of the features in a larger package with a much lower price.

I'll throw in the Nexus 6 (not the 6P) as an example. It costs $50 less than the Pure XL in the US, however it doesn't have expandable storage or a fingerprint sensor. However, it's running a newer version of Android and it has a Qualcomm SoC (the SD805.) The SD805 scores right around the X10 in AnTuTu, which should be indicative of how good the overall performance of both of the devices are. And the Nexus 6 is no slouch. It can still handle smooth OS operation at 1440p and even gaming just fine.

I had a look at the nexus 6 but didn't include it because i'd love to have the better camera and fingerprint scanner from the other to (+ quickcharge for one). And you were talking about antutu, idk which one is moer reliable, antutu or geekbench (im guessing antutu).

Well, if games are important :D, then the Helios X10 wont probably be a good choice, since its graphical processor isnt powerful enough to handle heavy duty videogames, especially at such a high resolution and screen size. Battery life and display quality on the Blu on the other hand could potentially be better than on the Nexus 6P, but once again its not a guarantee to be worth the enormous price difference. Now as far as Camera goes, it is true that what matters is camera sensor, pixel size, aperture and lense system, and it doesnt mean that the Blu Pure Xl isnt a good choice, but for the price point and even with 24 Megapixels, it could be a little lacking, even against the 6P.

Groomlake Authority

My country (holland) has 4g networks availeble, but i dont have a subscriptoin to one of those services so that's not really an issieu for me.

But do you plan one?

Suprise,suprise - in Eastern Europe,it costs 660 euros.

http://imgur.com/YBJAEIF

price somehow rose 20 euros but take a look at this, they ship to holland and belgium.

https://azerty.nl/0-5219-890136/google-nexus-6p-android-smartphone-4g-32-gb-5-7-2560-x-1440-pixels-518-ppi-super-amoled-12-3-mpix-camera-van.html?channel_code=40

they have great service to imo.

Never mind all of this, if I want to buy the Blu then I need to import it, but with europes fucking import fees I'd be paying an extra 200 fucking euros >:(

Neexus 6P for gaming since the GPU is waay ahead of the Helio X10. general performance wise, they are not much different, however i might have to give it to the Nexus due to software optimisation 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro