I am so amped up! (Dark Souls SL1 NG+ O&S Victory!)

KeltonDSMer

This game I tell ya...so much replay-ability. I noticed a guy on youtube named Lobos Jr. who does speed and challenge runs, he inspired me to try out some of this for myself. I first started speed running. I played for much of the weekend  and ended up with a best time of 2:45 (BKH) and just over 4 hours for a reinforced club run. Hell yeah! These times are with no soul duping and no game skips (like in Duke's archives skipping the prison with the elevator jump)  :)

Then I felt like trying a SL1 speed run. I got to the Kiln of the First Flame in just over 10 hours, not too bad IMO. It is so much harder with no HP and only a few weapons to chose from :P . Despite the difficulty, this is the most fun I have had playing any souls game since my first DaS1 play through. I had the forethought not to place the lord vessel after Anor Londo until I killed the FKs...got to take advantage of some SL1 Dark wraith-invasion fun!

Since I was having too much fun being Santa/Satan invading new players, I forgot all about trying to speed run this character. I built up some maxed weapons and started prepping for NG+. The only boss I didn't kill in NG was Kalameet, I have spent way too long chopping off that asshole's tail and didn't want to be bothered for a weapon I can't use and a ring that makes me take more damage even though everything one-shots me anyway lol.

Last night I had all my clubs, crossbows and shields ready for NG+ so I went for it. Everything up to Anor Londo is cake on NG+ with maxed Pyro, but holy shit O&S must have killed me 20-25 times :P. I finally just a few minutes ago did it and gave them an obligatory "Well what is it" gesture upon victory...what a rush!

SL1OampSvicotryNG_zpszkz3wmoo.jpg

TLDR: I beat a really hard boss with the lowest possible character level on NG+...Dark Souls is really fun/rewarding and you should play it.

PS: I am not looking forward to Nito or FKs on NG+...how am I going to do this!?!? :blink: 

Any of you have impacting memories from playing a Souls game you want to share?

Artorias was a fun fight - took me 2 hours the first time

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

solid achievments all around.

disagree with you though on the replayability of dark souls games. i found it unplayable after my first run through ng+ and a couple hours of pvp.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Artorias was a fun fight - took me 2 hours the first time

Oh yeah, he is super aggressive! My first attempts in killing him was when I realized the value of fast rolling and how some bosses simply need to be dodged regardless of how tanky you build a character. My best tip for killing him is to use a "hammer" class weapon. When he rolls back twice to buff, it only takes two 2hr1 hits to interrupt it.

Oh yeah, he is super aggressive! My first attempts in killing him was when I realized the value of fast rolling and how some bosses simply need to be dodged regardless of how tanky you build a character. My best tip for killing him is to use a "hammer" class weapon. When he rolls back twice to buff, it only takes two 2hr1 hits to interrupt it.

I'd digress.

Using his Greatshield + Great Magic Barrier results in him not being able to do squat to you. No stamina lost, no nothing. Using Havel's Set you can tank quite a few hits from him.

Hammers lack the reach and speed - I prefer the Balder Swag Sword

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

solid achievments all around.

disagree with you though on the replayability of dark souls games. i found it unplayable after my first run through ng+ and a couple hours of pvp.

To each his own. DaS1 IMO has pretty lame PvP. Invading is fun but the concept of "dualing" like in DaS2 just isn't as enjoyable.

I'd digress.

Using his Greatshield + Great Magic Barrier results in him not being able to do squat to you. No stamina lost, no nothing. Using Havel's Set you can tank quite a few hits from him.

Hammers lack the reach and speed - I prefer the Balder Swag Sword

See this is one of the great things about DaS, every player can take their own approach to victory depending on a play-style they feel comfortable with. I can safely say that blocking Artorious on SL1 is not a viable option, however :P

I was late to the souls games. Didn't start playing till I got it free on Xbox live. I remember starting out in the undead asylum and thinking "This ain't to bad" then I opened the doors to where the asylum daemon jumps down. I read the message that says "run away" and I did and found the way out first time! Then when I passed thru the fog where you plunge attack him, I looked down and thought "NOOO WAAAY!" and I can honestly say I never had such a fright or screamed so loud playing a game as what happened when that nob head jumped up and smashed the platform I was standing on! 

post-228655-0-88472600-1449161552.png

My PC: i5 4690k===MSI GAMING 3===980TI===8GB-Corsair-Vangence-Pro-Series===H100i-GTX===EVGA G2 750W===Samsung 850evo m.2 boot drive===Samsung 250gb evo SSD===Seagate-Barracuda-1TB-HDD===NZXT-H440

See this is one of the great things about DaS, every player can take their own approach to victory depending on a play-style they feel comfortable with. I can safely say that blocking Artorious on SL1 is not a viable option, however :P

You still can - though not as effectively :)

I was late to the souls games. Didn't start playing till I got it free on Xbox live. I remember starting out in the undead asylum and thinking "This ain't to bad" then I opened the doors to where the asylum daemon jumps down. I read the message that says "run away" and I did and found the way out first time! Then when I passed thru the fog where you plunge attack him, I looked down and thought "NOOO WAAAY!" and I can honestly say I never had such a fright or screamed so loud playing a game as what happened when that nob head jumped up and smashed the platform I was standing on! 

attachicon.gif11988428_971127899626921_8211931567382489094_n.png

I was late too, didn't play any souls game until DaS was $5 on Steam's 2014 Winter sale. It sat in my Steam library for almost 6 months until I found a cheap wireless 360 USB adapter on Ebay ($14). I liked it so much I actually bought DS for PS3 and enjoyed the shit out of it while waiting for DaS2 SoTFS to go on sale.

I had a similar first experience myself...that son of a bitch slammed me down from that ledge as I stared at him from above; gave me a proper introduction to the world of Dark Souls! :P

Edit: That pic is golden lol :lol:

You still can - though not as effectively :)

Yeah but the best stability shield I can wield is the Balder shield (which I immediately +15ed with my 2nd slab). It definitely can block a stray attack here and there, but it's not like I can stand under his flip attacks toggling L1 :P

I was late too, didn't play any souls game until DaS was $5 on Steam's 2014 Winter sale. It sat in my Steam library for almost 6 months until I found a cheap wireless 360 USB adapter on Ebay ($14). I liked it so much I actually bought DS for PS3 and enjoyed the shit out of it while waiting for DaS2 SoTFS to go on sale.

I had a similar first experience myself...that son of a bitch slammed me down from that ledge as I stared at him from above; gave me a proper introduction to the world of Dark Souls! :P

I think that was about the time I started playing it as well! lol And I got the ps3 for DS and yeah that game was epic. Didn't do ng+ on it thou :(  And the first game I got for ps4 was BB ofc  :P It's a good game but not as good as any of the souls games IMO.

My PC: i5 4690k===MSI GAMING 3===980TI===8GB-Corsair-Vangence-Pro-Series===H100i-GTX===EVGA G2 750W===Samsung 850evo m.2 boot drive===Samsung 250gb evo SSD===Seagate-Barracuda-1TB-HDD===NZXT-H440

I think that was about the time I started playing it as well! lol And I got the ps3 for DS and yeah that game was epic. Didn't do ng+ on it thou :(  And the first game I got for ps4 was BB ofc  :P It's a good game but not as good as any of the souls games IMO.

Awesome man! I literally had to blow the dust off my PS3 when I went to play DeS :o. The only thing I didn't like about that game were upgrade materials...after playing through NG blind, I read up on it, only to find the crystal lizards disappear and that I needed to kill a goddamn skeleton 200 times to get a Bladestone that has a 0.5% drop rate.........I did end up getting that fucking Bladestone after 3 hours of farming  :lol: Oh, and loading times. Not having the game loaded on an SSD really made me not want to die/warp!

I haven't played BB, did you have fun with it?

To each his own. DaS1 IMO has pretty lame PvP. Invading is fun but the concept of "dualing" like in DaS2 just isn't as enjoyable.

oh god the pvp in dark souls two was terrible. it would have been awesome if the servers were good. i once had a friend tell me to just either learn ways to avoid phantom hits, or use them. but i shouldnt need to learn a way to get past lag on every single server, that should havr been something fixed before launch during testing.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

oh god the pvp in dark souls two was terrible. it would have been awesome if the servers were good. i once had a friend tell me to just either learn ways to avoid phantom hits, or use them. but i shouldnt need to learn a way to get past lag on every single server, that should havr been something fixed before launch during testing.

I think PvP in DaS2 was much better compared to DaS1. I started playing DaS1 just after the switch to Steam servers from GFWL, and it still stinks.

Phantom hits are a thing in both games, but DaS1 has the whole "lag backstab" issue that makes it much worse IMO. Being able to whiff backstabs in 2 helps a bit. Heavy weapons are at least viable in 2 because of hyper poise during animations, but poise in general seems completely broken in 2.

Awesome man! I literally had to blow the dust off my PS3 when I went to play DeS :o. The only thing I didn't like about that game were upgrade materials...after playing through NG blind, I read up on it, only to find the crystal lizards disappear and that I needed to kill a goddamn skeleton 200 times to get a Bladestone that has a 0.5% drop rate.........I did end up getting that fucking Bladestone after 3 hours of farming  :lol: Oh, and loading times. Not having the game loaded on an SSD really made me not want to die/warp!

I haven't played BB, did you have fun with it?

I got lucky with the pure greystone got it within 30mins! I was buzzin because I was reading places that it was taking some people 8 hours!  :o as for BB I enjoyed the game a lot and if your a fan of souls and got a ps4 it's a must play. But there mainly 2 types of bosses, big sweepy armed bosses or I'm going to jump about like a madman boss "Flame Lurker". End boss was a good fight thou. And if you don't like loading times BB takes the piss. They go on forever and you have to sit thru so many it just takes the piss to a next level. But I was a console gamer until I built my PC in May, and still only got a HDD in my system "soon to be fixed" so not knowing SSD speeds I wouldn't notice as much as you.  :)

I got lucky with the pure greystone got it within 30mins! I was buzzin because I was reading places that it was taking some people 8 hours!  :o as for BB I enjoyed the game a lot and if your a fan of souls and got a ps4 it's a must play. But there mainly 2 types of bosses, big sweepy armed bosses or I'm going to jump about like a madman boss "Flame Lurker". End boss was a good fight thou. And if you don't like loading times BB takes the piss. They go on forever and you have to sit thru so many it just takes the piss to a next level. But I was a console gamer until I built my PC in May, and still only got a HDD in my system "soon to be fixed" so not knowing SSD speeds I wouldn't notice as much as you.  :)

Haha, the loading time thing for me is a throwback to my initial play-throughs of Obvlivion and Skyrim on XB360/PS3. I dreaded having to wait for a load screen just to go into a small house! That really limited my enjoyment of exploring and talking to NPCs, although I still logged hundreds of hours into both of those games.

I was about to buy a PS4 on launch, but then my HDD took a dive on my old WinXP desktop I bought in 2006 for school. I needed a replacement so I put a PC together with a decent video card and parked it under the livingroom TV instead (1h 2014). Looking back I just wish I had done this sooner! I use a cheapo wireless KB&M or wireless XB360 controller and sit on the couch enjoying my favorite titles just like playing a console! (Except in 1080p 60fps)

How do you like your PC so far? We pretty much have the same setup minus the SSD and I've been really happy with mine after ~18 months.