Hello,
I have an Asus N751JK Notebook
OS: Windows 10 64Bit x64-based processor version 1511, os build 10586
Processor Intel-I7 4710HQ
installed ram 15,9 two 8gb sticks
Nvidia GeForce 850m
Samsung 850evo 500GB ssd and a hdd ST1000LM024-HN-M101MBB 1TB

My problem:
after updating immediately after the release of windows 10 my computer ran smoothly until a few months ago. when I close the lid or enter sleep mode manually and then wake it up I see the asus logo and then it starts up instead of coming out of sleep.

Firstly I tried to update all drivers trough the ASUS website but everything is up to date so all the installed drivers are up to date (I hope)

Secondly id tried a fix from youtube by disabling hibernate through cmd powercfg /h off.

thirdly I tried another fix also related to drivers by entering into cmd powercfg -energy -output B:\(...) from this came energy-status.html

I saw that there was one problem that had sleep in it and that was Realtek high definition audio so I tried to update that through device manager and it said it was the latest I tried a lot of other fixes that didn't work either including a reset it all didn't work.

All help is welcome Thank You!

Is that not called "dying of natural causes"?

I had a similar issue with an Acer notebook that couldn't wake and had to be hard shutdown then rebooted. It fixed itself after a while. I don't know why.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

I had a similar issue with an Acer notebook that couldn't wake and had to be hard shutdown then rebooted. It fixed itself after a while. I don't know why.

I had the same issue with an old dell I put Ubuntu on. I still can't figure out if it was a software issue or hardware. If it is hardware none to blame other than chipset.

It immediately boots after I push a button no need for hard shutdown

It immediately boots after I push a button no need for hard shutdown

Wierd. Are you sure it's not going into hibernation?

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

No I disabled it

Can you take a video of you closing and opening the lid to reboot?

here is the video (putted my mobile down for my Privacy during the login screen sorry for that)https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4NuVY0K0fbMTUFUUURJLVZSLTQ/view?usp=sharing

That looks like it's waking from hibernation. Are opened applications still open after closing the lid?

That looks like it's waking from hibernation. Are opened applications still open after closing the lid?

nope :(

nope :(

Settings > System > Power management > More > Change settings for plan > Advanced settings > On/off button and Lid

It could also be an update settings glitch that auto-reboots when the lid is closed (ie. when the PC doesn't think you're using it; part of the new update service "advancements").

Settings > System > Power management > More > Change settings for plan > Advanced settings > On/off button and Lid

It could also be an update settings glitch that auto-reboots when the lid is closed (ie. when the PC doesn't think you're using it; part of the new update service "advancements").

they are all three set to sleep.

how can I check if its this glitch and why do I have that and not everybody?

they are all three set to sleep.

how can I check if its this glitch and why do I have that and not everybody?

Some people do. As I said, I've had the same issue. Try to force a Windows Update and see if that fixes it.

Some people do. As I said, I've had the same issue. Try to force a Windows Update and see if that fixes it.

there was a new update but it did not fix the problem sadly.

there was a new update but it did not fix the problem sadly.

Reinstall Windows. That will narrow down the possibilities to hardware if it fails.

Update:

I did a clean windows 10 install formatted all partitions just to be sure removed my hdd (just to be sure it isn't the hdd ).

after windows started I fist went to windows update it installed the hardware drivers and a few cumulative updates for x64 systems.

I restarted and after that I pressed sleep... after that I pushed a random button to let it wake up... it restarted the pc automatically.

It isn't my:

Windows Os(unless windows installs wrong setting on every pc for the sleep mode)

Ram I actually tried the two sticks separately in every slot no sleep with both of them and since in never had problems with my ram I can't believe it is my ram.

it could be:

drivers: I now only have the windows installed drivers from windows update but no warn signs in device manager.

Compatibility issues?!?! 

any other suggestions are welcome.