External HD

Terra

so i am planning on getting a new 1TB HDD.

which one should i pick? WD My Passport Ultra Metal Edition or Transcend Storejet 1TB Portable USB 3.0 Hard Disk?

AMDr Ryzen 5 3600 | ASRock A320M-HDV R4.0| 8GB Ram |  MSI GTX 980 Ti 6G | CM MasterBox Q300L | Primary: Samsung Evo 850 250GB

Secondary: WD Blue 1 TB | Cooler Master V850

id get the WD

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

so i am planning on getting a new 1TB HDD.

which one should i pick? WD My Passport Ultra Metal Edition or Transcend Storejet 1TB Portable USB 3.0 Hard Disk?

WD My passport or Seagate Backup Plus

id get the WD

lets say, the price difference is around $40, the WD at $140 and the Transcend is at $100, which is better? :D

oh, stuff is expensive here xD

AMDr Ryzen 5 3600 | ASRock A320M-HDV R4.0| 8GB Ram |  MSI GTX 980 Ti 6G | CM MasterBox Q300L | Primary: Samsung Evo 850 250GB

WD My passport or Seagate Backup Plus

hmm i am guessing the WD is much better than :) i'll get the WD HDD then! :D

~snip~

Hey there Terra,

WD My Passport is a great portable drive that features hardware encryption and I'd go with that. If you don't need the hardware encryption I would check out WD Elements Portable. It works pretty much the same way but it does not have the hardware encryption feature. Here's a link to it: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=XvP1sL
Feel free to ask if you have questions regarding the hardware encryption feature or anything else :)

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/ 

Hey there Terra,

WD My Passport is a great portable drive that features hardware encryption and I'd go with that. If you don't need the hardware encryption I would check out WD Elements Portable. It works pretty much the same way but it does not have the hardware encryption feature. Here's a link to it: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=XvP1sL
Feel free to ask if you have questions regarding the hardware encryption feature or anything else :)

Captain_WD.

i'll probably go for the WD My Passport but if i can't squeeze any budget to it, i'll have to settle with the transcend xD