Having trouble diagnosing an issue (possibly gpu related)

m0de

I've been having issues with running *somewhat* graphically demanding games. I end up getting artifacts after some time, then immediately my comp freezes and I get an error saying my display driver stopped working and has recovered.. then returns to my desktop. Nothing is overheating as my temps are fine. My GPU will be at ~48 Celsius when this happens. CPU temp sits around ~38-40 as well. I thought maybe my psu fan wasn't working hard enough because when I looked at how fast the fan was spinning while the system was drawing the most power (in a game) it was moving extremely slow.. leading me to think that it might be over heating? i replaced the fan, and had the fan run at full speed at all times, yet nothing changed. I also ran a memory test for hours and hours with no errors to report. I've tried older video drivers as well to see if that was an issue. My gpu is free of dust, also has fresh thermal paste too, as I've mentioned above its certainly not overheating. I'm stumped. Any help is greatly appreciated. Any other information you guys might need just comment and I'll give to the best of my ability. Specs are below:

amd black edition phenom ii x6 1090t @ stock w/ h100 cooling it.

4g gskill ripjaw ram

asus gtx 570 

gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 mobo

rosewill 630w bronze cert. psu

Is your GPU overclocked?

Nope. It has always ran at stock speeds. 

Try completely uninstalling all GPU drivers and its components, and download the newest. Has it ever said something about a DirectX/DX11 error? Saying something about removed hung device?

Quote me in replies so I see them.