Desperately need help

Jesse221

So something different in win10 64 bit. I uninstalled my gfx drivers us usual before I'm going to install the new ones and now I have no screen. I can see the Windows screen for a split second when I hit enter otherwise it is all static. So how do I get it to display as a generic vta card again so I can load my drivers?

Change your HDMI, VGA, or DVI into your Mobo if you can, then see if you get an output there.

It should show up as a Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. That is odd that is happening. When the computer is booting, press F8 for advanced boot options, and choose Safe Mode with Networking. Then you confirm if something is really really wrong, or Windows just borked on you.

Connect to the onboard graphics chip if your CPU has one.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

I tried safe mode but f8 doesn't get you into safe mode in win10. Lucky for me this is my first CPU with integrated graphics and I got in through that. Looked in device manager and it said Windows could not load the driver because it is different than the POSTed hardware. Very odd but it happened to me before when uninstalling catalyst it would ask if I wanted to uninstall all versions or current so of course I said all right? Who wants left over drivers. And then this happened but luckily then I had a back up cd and used my acronis backup and got in and from then on I would always say uninstall current driver. Now with Crimson it just uninstalls and then after reboot bam static for your screen. I think I got it now though as I just uninstalls the amd card from device manager then re booted and now it appears the drivers are installing. Win 10 doesn't like driver changes it appears.

Great now on install it says driver install: ing file was not found. WTF why would the driver not have a file it needs

I tried safe mode but f8 doesn't get you into safe mode in win10. Lucky for me this is my first CPU with integrated graphics and I got in through that. Looked in device manager and it said Windows could not load the driver because it is different than the POSTed hardware. Very odd but it happened to me before when uninstalling catalyst it would ask if I wanted to uninstall all versions or current so of course I said all right? Who wants left over drivers. And then this happened but luckily then I had a back up cd and used my acronis backup and got in and from then on I would always say uninstall current driver. Now with Crimson it just uninstalls and then after reboot bam static for your screen. I think I got it now though as I just uninstalls the amd card from device manager then re booted and now it appears the drivers are installing. Win 10 doesn't like driver changes it appears.

Cool so my HDMI Mobo switch solution worked for you? Well, I hope you get everything running smoothly.

Few did another uninstall and got into safe mode and used ddu. Reboot and install success. What a paint just to update drivers now