What do you think of this build?

bren1912

Hey! So I am planning to build a gaming PC and have come up with a final build. Would like to know your thoughts and like to know if it can run upcoming games like Fallout 4, Battlefront, Call of Duty: Black Ops 3, etc. I would like an i7 processor but that takes it way out of budget. (economy is crap in Malaysia so I gotta keep some prices down). 

CPU: Core i5-6600k

Motherboard: ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming

GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970 DC2OC

RAM: Kingston 8GB DDR4

SSD: Kingston SSD V300 120GB

HDD: WD Caviar Green 2TB/7200

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212

PSU: Cooler Master V650s

*Running on Windows 10 

So what do you guys think? I'm pretty content with my build but would love to hear your thoughts! Thanks.

-snip-

I have heard bad things about the Strix 970 from what i can remember. Also many here would like to see a R9 390 in that system for the price and better performance but i love my 970 so that is up to you.

I would research that graphics card a bit before going with it. Other than that it looks good to me!

Intel Core i7-6700k | 2 X Gigabyte 4GB GTX 970 Overclocked Edition | 16GB (4X4GB) DDR4 2133MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum | MasterCase Pro 5

ASUS Z170 Deluxe Motherboard | 256GB Samsung 840 Pro + Seagate 2TB Storage | Corsair Hydro H80i GT | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | Corsair HX850i

Don't get the asus strix card, get an Msi card or something, I have an asus card with 67% ASIC and a 750ti asus card with 69% so yea no. Other than that you good, try and fit in 16gb if possible.

I7-6700k @ 4.8Ghz, EVGA Z170 Classified, Corsair Vengeance LPX 4x8 32 GB, EVGA FTW+ ACX 2.0 GeForce GTX 980ti 6 GB x3, 2Tb WD Black x3, 1Tb Samsung 850 Evo, 400Gb Intel NVME PCIE SSD, Corsair RMx 850w 80+ Gold, Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Brown RGB, SteelSeries Sensei Raw

Don't get the asus strix card, get an Msi card or something, I have an asus card with 67% ASIC and a 750ti asus card with 69% so yea no. Other than that you good, try and fit in 16gb if possible.

Which MSI card would you recommend? An R9 390? 

Yep MSI R9 390 or sapphire R9 390

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

any.

I7-6700k @ 4.8Ghz, EVGA Z170 Classified, Corsair Vengeance LPX 4x8 32 GB, EVGA FTW+ ACX 2.0 GeForce GTX 980ti 6 GB x3, 2Tb WD Black x3, 1Tb Samsung 850 Evo, 400Gb Intel NVME PCIE SSD, Corsair RMx 850w 80+ Gold, Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Brown RGB, SteelSeries Sensei Raw

any.

how about an Asus R9 390? Is there a difference between Asus and MSI GPUs or should I just avoid ASUS?

how about an Asus R9 390? Is there a difference between Asus and MSI GPUs or should I just avoid ASUS?

yeah as far as I can tell avoid Asus Gpus but motherboards are good.