What do I need to know about the BenQ xl2411z

A_Train

So on Friday I bought myself a BenQ xl2411z monitor and I am overly excited for it, but I have to wait for shipping time so I'm looking for some ways I can have it setup asap when it does arrive. If anyone here has one what do I need to do to make sure the colour, hz, and everything else is setup properly.  

So on Friday I bought myself a BenQ xl2411z monitor and I am overly excited for it, but I have to wait for shipping time so I'm looking for some ways I can have it setup asap when it does arrive. If anyone here has one what do I need to do to make sure the colour, hz, and everything else is setup properly.  

http://forums.blurbusters.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2467

these monitors tend to be bright. so much so they can ruin things so that needs to be toned down, There was a game I was playing called anti chamber. its a puzzle game and one part has you walk down a dark hall but in the dark hall there is a hidden dark hallways that if you follow the basic modeling of the hall you are in you will miss it. on these monitors the hidden hallway (and the corner edge of it) were clear as day thus totally ruining the puzzle

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

these monitors tend to be bright. so much so they can ruin things so that needs to be toned down, There was a game I was playing called anti chamber. its a puzzle game and one part has you walk down a dark hall but in the dark hall there is a hidden dark hallways that if you follow the basic modeling of the hall you are in you will miss it. on these monitors the hidden hallway (and the corner edge of it) were clear as day thus totally ruining the puzzle

That was actually my first thought when I saw the black reduction feature. It'll be for sure good for fps games that have dark corners though. 

That was actually my first thought when I saw the black reduction feature. It'll be for sure good for fps games that have dark corners though. 

I guess if you are super MLG...but frankly id rather play it as it was designed then have a cheap ass advantage like that if im to be entirely honest

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

I guess if you are super MLG...but frankly id rather play it as it was designed then have a cheap ass advantage like that if im to be entirely honest

When it comes to single player games I entirely agree with you because the game is as hard as it is supposed to be because of the Devs, but when I play online games such as CS:GO which is largely community driven I play to win. 

first thing you want to do with it is use the included DVI cable, you'll get your 144Hz out of the box. As a csgo player, my favorite color setting is "theater" and you should be good to go!

Record holder for Firestrike, Firestrike Extreme and Firestrike Ultra for his hardware

Top 100 for TimeSpy and Top 25 for Timespy Extreme

Intel i7 10700 || 64GB Kingston Predator RGB || Asus H470i Strix || MSI RX 6700XT Merc X2 OC || Corsair MP600 500GB ||  WD Blue SN550 1TB || 500GB Samsung 860 EVO || EVGA 550 GM || EK-Classic 115X aRGB CPU block - Corsair XR5 240mm RAD - Alphacool GPU Block - DarkSide 240mm external rad || Lian Li Q58 || 2x Cooler Master ARGB 120MM + 2x Noctua  Redux 1700RPM 120MM 

first thing you want to do with it is use the included DVI cable, you'll get your 144Hz out of the box. As a csgo player, my favorite color setting is "theater" and you should be good to go!

It is out of the box? I heard you have to change some windows settings.

It is out of the box? I heard you have to change some windows settings.

I went through my GPU driver (i have an nvidia card, but it's (supposed to) work on AMD too... You go in change resolution (or monitor settings or whatever it's called in AMD) and then you set your refresh rate to 144Hz

Record holder for Firestrike, Firestrike Extreme and Firestrike Ultra for his hardware

Intel i7 10700 || 64GB Kingston Predator RGB || Asus H470i Strix || MSI RX 6700XT Merc X2 OC || Corsair MP600 500GB ||  WD Blue SN550 1TB || 500GB Samsung 860 EVO || EVGA 550 GM || EK-Classic 115X aRGB CPU block - Corsair XR5 240mm RAD - Alphacool GPU Block - DarkSide 240mm external rad || Lian Li Q58 || 2x Cooler Master ARGB 120MM + 2x Noctua  Redux 1700RPM 120MM 

I went through my GPU driver (i have an nvidia card, but it's (supposed to) work on AMD too... You go in change resolution (or monitor settings or whatever it's called in AMD) and then you set your refresh rate to 144Hz

I use Nvidia anyways so that's good. How does the blue light and darkness reducer work? 

I use Nvidia anyways so that's good. How does the blue light and darkness reducer work? 

sorry if I was away for some times, how are you enjoying your monitor? :)

sorry if I was away for some times, how are you enjoying your monitor? :)

I love it! I've gone form Gold nova 1 to Gold nova master in a week, and I think a lot of it is thanks to the monitor