Questions with the q6600 and 750ti

hey guys i was wanting to upgrade from my current little dell vostro 400 and im on a budget (im only 14) ive done some fair research on both of these products but i wanna get new info. im doing a budget pc around 250 dollers i have a os already and 2 spare hd 250 gb and a 500 gb and i have 4gb of ddr2 ram but my mobo im buying supports 8 so later i will buy more for it and then ill buy the q6600 and 750ti would there be a bottleneck.

Console is better because its cheaper ~console peasants

hey guys i was wanting to upgrade from my current little dell vostro 400 and im on a budget (im only 14) ive done some fair research on both of these products but i wanna get new info. im doing a budget pc around 250 dollers i have a os already and 2 spare hd 250 gb and a 500 gb and i have 4gb of ddr2 ram but my mobo im buying supports 8 so later i will buy more for it and then ill buy the q6600 and 750ti would there be a bottleneck.

The Q6600 and GTX 750ti will see no bottlenecking.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

depends on the situation/game.   I have had both those parts paired in various builds; generally there will be no bottlenecking but in CPU-intensive games even at lower settings the Q6600 if not OC'd through FSB to 3+ghz can really slow things down. make sure your motherboard can handle the 125w TDP of the Q6600 and meets the FSB requirement of 1066mhz or greater; in rare instances I have heard of the Q6600 when paried with a sub-par motherboard resulting in severe system instability and (in extremely rare cases) even potential fire hazards.  If your board can handle 1333 FSB I would HIGHLY recommend a 45nm chip such as the Q8200 for lower power consuption/thermal output.

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai...     (/. _ .)/     \(. _ .\)

Wow weird, I have a Dell Vostro 400 to :D Yes it does support the Q6600 and I used it with a 650ti for a while. Currently I just put a Xeon X3220 in the system (q6600 counterpart) and it works great so far :D

You should be more than fine with the 750ti

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

Also that motherboard the vostro has is more than fine for what you are doing, it supports 8gb of ram which I am also currently running on mine.

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

depends on the situation/game.   I have had both those parts paired in various builds; generally there will be no bottlenecking but in CPU-intensive games even at lower settings the Q6600 if not OC'd through FSB to 3+ghz can really slow things down. make sure your motherboard can handle the 125w TDP of the Q6600 and meets the FSB requirement of 1066mhz or greater; in rare instances I have heard of the Q6600 when paried with a sub-par motherboard resulting in severe system instability and (in extremely rare cases) even potential fire hazards.  If your board can handle 1333 FSB I would HIGHLY recommend a 45nm chip such as the Q8200 for lower power consuption/thermal output.

i thought ahead of that part and bought the corsair cx500 watt psu but mainly some games im gonna play are arma 2 dayz arma 3 dayz ark battlefield 3-4  i also thought of the q9550 it seemed like a good chip but i believe the motherboard i bought off of amazon was 

Intel DQ45CB Micro ATX Desktop Board unsure tho since it was on my mothers account and i dont have access to it currently

Console is better because its cheaper ~console peasants