GTX 970 Bottleneck

LeonKennedy6

So, I'm planning on upgrading my PC's Graphics Card from a GT 720 to a GTX 970. I have an Intel Core i5-4460 CPU and was wondering if the CPU would bottleneck the GPU. I'm still very much a PC n00b(I just recently switched from mainly PS4 to PC Master Race  :D) so please explain it to me like I'm stupid.

Build: i5-4460 | GT 720 | Logitech G710+ Keyboard | Corsair M65 Mouse | Dell e2314h Monitor | Windows 10

Generic Dell: Mobo, 8gb RAM, 430w PSU, 1TB Storage, XPS 8700 Case

The 4460 will not bottleneck a GTX 970.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

plug your parts in pcpartpicker and see if your psu will handle it, you should be fine

There are no bottlenecks no worries. A jump from a GT720 to a GTX970 is a pretty beefy one :). Enjoy.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

Consider the R9 390 as well, beats the 970 at higher resolutions.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

So, I'm planning on upgrading my PC's Graphics Card from a GT 720 to a GTX 970. I have an Intel Core i5-4460 CPU and was wondering if the CPU would bottleneck the GPU. I'm still very much a PC n00b(I just recently switched from mainly PS4 to PC Master Race  :D) so please explain it to me like I'm stupid.

as long as your psu can handle it you will be fine. If your psu can handle a R9 390 and its around the same price id recommend that

[CPU] i5-650 [GPU] MSI GTX 750 OC [RAM] Generic 6GB [MOBO] MS-7613 [HDD] WD Blue 1TB [PSU] Silverstone Strider Essential 500W [Next build Q1 2016 http://de.pcpartpicker.com/user/Presmo/saved/ ]

Please follow your own topics.

Going off your avatar I'm going to assume you want to play Fallout 4. Make sure you check out the issues related to that game and be familiar with the latest patches and drivers from everyone. And have something to dull the pain close at hand.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

No It will not bottleneck the 970.

If you´re planning on OverClocking the 970, get an aftermarket cooler like the MSI one or the G1. The ASUS one may be cheaper but has less OC headroom.

is 460W good?

Build: i5-4460 | GT 720 | Logitech G710+ Keyboard | Corsair M65 Mouse | Dell e2314h Monitor | Windows 10

is 460W good?

Who made it? You just asked if a liter of beer is good :lol: . Wait, that was a horrible example. Now I'm thirsty.

^

Dell. I have an XPS 8700(The older one)

I got it around August

Yeah, I wouldn't put anything in that case until the power supply is replaced. A SeaSonic 550w would be enough.

Ai'ght, will do! Thanks guys!