Bad write speed!

emptyname

As the title says my SSD has bad write speed.

I have an Intel 530 Series which i got 2014 december and atm has about 10% storage/room left.

It's advertised as 520 Read and 490 Write but i get 460 Read and 130 Write on CrystalDiskMark am i doing anything wrong?

Please help i'm really worried.

post-260613-0-59740300-1448803386.png

Its because you have 10% of storage left

This. SSDs slow down when you fill them up beyond about 90%

Sig under construction.

So i shouldn't be worried and it isn't a broken SSD?

No, but I heavily recommend you free up some space on it.

If you're really worried, install crystal disk info and look at the smart data. I doubt anything's wrong with it though.

Oh and while i'm at it, may i ask why defraging ur SSD is bad and what is defraging?

Oh and while i'm at it, may i ask why defraging ur SSD is bad and what is defraging?

Defragging is bad on a SSD because there's no point in it and it eats up write and read cycles (Your SSDs can be only be read / written to a certain amount of times before it dies...it's better not to waste it on useless defragging. That being said, SSDs in a consumer setting will probably last a long time).

Defragging pretty much moves your files around to put them neatly in order. An example is if you have a filing cabinet with three drawers. Say you have some folders in each drawer. Defragging would move all of the folders to one drawer as it's faster to search that way (instead of having to open each drawer). When your OS needs to write a file, it usually will just dump it wherever it feels like on the hard drive. Defragging moves the files to keep them close together.

It matters a lot on hard drives because hard drives are far faster when the data is placed on the outer edge of the platters. Defragging packs the files as close to the outer edge as possible. If your files are just scattered around on the platter, there hard drive has to do a lot more moving to search for the file than if it were all placed in a neat order on the outer edge.

SSDs aren't mechanical however, so they don't need to be defragged, nor does the files being scattered slow it down. The onboard controller that manages the SSD will handle data just fine.