good pc low performance :(

Xenowarrior92

hello guys... i'm new here and i don't know where or who to ask...so i will get to the subject... i am having quite.. cant say "the best" pc config but i think is still in a "good" category ...although  i am experiencing low fps in games and that kinda makes me wonder if something is going wrong especially that i'm a gamer ^^ so i'm mostly focused on ultra graphics+ high fps... and the bad thing i'm experiencing compared to the fact that last week i upgraded the GPU i will post in system specs the previous one was some 256 bit 2gbVram radeon card and as an example i was having and experiencing in games fps btw 14-25 and after getting the new graphics card i'm having btw 20-25 or 30 ... :( so any help is very welcome since right now i'm lost

Spec:

PSU Corsair RM Series RM650 

GPU Sapphire Radeon R9 390 NITRO 8GB DDR5 512-bit Backplate 

CPU Intel Ivy Bridge, Core i5 3350P 3.10GHz box

Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H 

Soundcard ASUS Xonar Phoebus Solo

Memory Corsair Value Select 8GB DDR3 1333MHz CL9 Dual Channel Kit  x2 (by this i mean i'm having actually 16GB Ram so basically 4x4 rams)

HDD WD Blue 500GB SATA-III 5400 RPM 64MB

Monitor LED BenQ Professional Gaming XL2411T 24 inch 1ms GTG 3D black 

also i do have all the latest drivers... etc but 1 thing i should also specify is that i have OS Win10 x64 upgraded from Win7 x64... so there was no clean install... also i have just 2 coolers in the rig

Edited by Xenowarrior92

At what resolution is this?

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

well if your play gta v max settings then you will never hit 60fps a titan x struggles to (by max i mean every setting)

this may also apply for other games.

hi, my monitor supports 1920-1080 144hz and just yesterday i found out about the new AMD driver that i can use 4k resolution on it... and yes it looks awesome but the performance issues i am having them even before applying them so also not any difference i noticed btw the 2 of them... also the OS is Windows 10 x64

well if your play gta v max settings then you will never hit 60fps a titan x struggles to (by max i mean every setting)

this may also apply for other games.

well i understand that but somehow i am expecting something @ alteast 50 fps? what i mean is to have that fluid movement and not stuttering low fps like performance :(

hello guys... i'm new here and i don't know where or who to ask...so i will get to the subject... i am having quite.. cant say "the best" pc config but i think is still in a "good" category ...although  i am experiencing low fps in games and that kinda makes me wonder if something is going wrong especially that i'm a gamer ^^ so i'm mostly focused on ultra graphics+ high fps... and the bad thing i'm experiencing compared to the fact that last week i upgraded the GPU i will post in system specs the previous one was some 256 bit 2gbVram radeon card and as an example i was having and experiencing in games fps btw 14-25 and after getting the new graphics card i'm having btw 20-25 or 30 ... :( so any help is very welcome since right now i'm lost

Spec:

PSU Corsair RM Series RM650 

GPU Sapphire Radeon R9 390 NITRO 8GB DDR5 512-bit Backplate 

CPU Intel Ivy Bridge, Core i5 3350P 3.10GHz box

Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H 

Soundcard ASUS Xonar Phoebus Solo

Memory Corsair Value Select 8GB DDR3 1333MHz CL9 Dual Channel Kit  x2 (by this i mean i'm having actually 16GB Ram so basically 4x4 rams)

HDD WD Blue 500GB SATA-III 5400 RPM 64MB

also i do have all the latest drivers... etc but 1 thing i should also specify is that i have OS Win10 upgraded from W7... so there was no clean install... also i have just 2 coolers in the rig

Wonder if its that 5400rpm drive screwing with your performance... (Not that I think it is, but possibly could if its nowhere near its maximum 'defragged' performance as it should be)

Monitor your CPU & GPU usage, if your GPU is not at 99-100% then there is an underlying issue.

If its usually 99-100% but drops down and up, this does not always 100% mean its the CPU at fault, could be the game engine, or... even that HDD slowing the entire process down.

Your only as fast as your weakest link.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Wonder if its that 5400rpm drive screwing with your performance... (Not that I think it is, but possibly could if its nowhere near its maximum 'defragged' performance as it should be)

Monitor your CPU & GPU usage, if your GPU is not at 99-100% then there is an underlying issue.

If its usually 99-100% but drops down and up, this does not always 100% mean its the CPU at fault, could be the game engine, or... even that HDD slowing the entire process down.

Your only as fast as your weakest link.

well i did defrags on my hdd also... i am thinking of buying a 120 GB SSD for the nd a SSHD 1 TB for well games :D also i do have a CPU monitoring up and is at an average of 40% while the GPU is btw 90-100%