Computer randomly freezes

Greetings, 

I have a problem with my computer, this is what happens usually: 

It randomly freezes, and the image stays like a print screen, and I can't click anything, or move, etc (this happens while playing, watching videos, surfing the internet...) 

Then I have to restart the computer and it freezes a couple more times for a while, until it gets back to normal... And until it happens again :(

All drives are updated, I've tried to switch the GPU, tried with individual disks (I have a 500GB + SSD), formating... But nothing fixed. 

Can anyone give me some guidelines of where the problem may be, and possibly how to fix it? 

Thanks in advance! :) 

I'd say start with the basics. Do a disk cleanup and or defrag. Look at your most recenlty installed programs to see if those might be causing an issue. Look at the computer's event logs and see if there are a million errors being thrown. If so, that will help you narrow down your problem.

Hope it might help! :)

Thanks!

Chris R.

i had a problem like that before. it turns out my power supply wasn't performing as well anymore. so i just got a new one. and my system was fast again.

There is no such thing as a bad PC, there are only BETTER PCs

I'd say start with the basics. Do a disk cleanup and or defrag. Look at your most recenlty installed programs to see if those might be causing an issue. Look at the computer's event logs and see if there are a million errors being thrown. If so, that will help you narrow down your problem.

Well, I tought it could be something to do with the PSU, but I hadn't the chance to try out with another one so far... Thanks for the tip :) 

It happened even on a fresh windows install, that's why I think it shouldn't be something with the software :) 

I have had problem like this multiple time before, it's usually caused by my Graphics drivers either not up to date or I might have something installed on the computer that might be interrupting everything so take some time and have a look around your operating system and your SSD/hard drive.