Can i reinstall windows onto an ssd upgrade using same key?

Lewwat
Go to solution Solved by Speedbird,

I am currently running windows 10 (upgraded from windows 7) on a 1tb hdd. This christmas i am upgrading to a 500gb ssd which is obviously smaller than the 1tb i am using now (950gb full) so i was going to install windows onto the ssd and then use hard drive for games and such. My question is, i will be using the same disk that i installed windows 7 with originally but can i use it again as i have already activated windows on the old hard drive. I have heard that activation is to the motherboard, so can i use it or do i have to buy a new windows to install to the ssd?

Sorry if it sounds unclear, got in from school and i'm shattered.

Thanks

Yes you can. You can install Windows 10 straight away on the SSD and activate normally. Contact me for the latest installation media.

I am currently running windows 10 (upgraded from windows 7) on a 1tb hdd. This christmas i am upgrading to a 500gb ssd which is obviously smaller than the 1tb i am using now (950gb full) so i was going to install windows onto the ssd and then use hard drive for games and such. My question is, i will be using the same disk that i installed windows 7 with originally but can i use it again as i have already activated windows on the old hard drive. I have heard that activation is to the motherboard, so can i use it or do i have to buy a new windows to install to the ssd?

Thanks

Manchester, England

Manchester City Football Club <3

Lewis

Thanks

Yes you can do this. If you alreadyinstalled Windows on the PC, you can use the same disk to install Windows again with no issues!

Intel Core i7-6700k | 2 X Gigabyte 4GB GTX 970 Overclocked Edition | 16GB (4X4GB) DDR4 2133MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum | MasterCase Pro 5

ASUS Z170 Deluxe Motherboard | 256GB Samsung 840 Pro + Seagate 2TB Storage | Corsair Hydro H80i GT | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | Corsair HX850i

Thanks

Yes you can. You can install Windows 10 straight away on the SSD and activate normally. Contact me for the latest installation media.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Will i have to use the same activation key or will it already be activated?

Manchester, England

Lewis

If the key is already activated you can use it to get into windows but you will have to do the call activation thingy where you enter in codes and they give you codes to type in and activate it

Will i have to use the same activation key or will it already be activated?

Since you upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7, your computer has been activated with the so-called "Digital Entitlement". This means that you can install Windows 10 without entering a product key. When it asks you for one, you should be able to skip it.

Please make sure to install the correct edition of WIndows 10. If you had Windows 7 Starter, Home Basic or Home Premium, you need to install Windows 10 Home. If you had Windows 7 Professional or Ultimate, you need to install Windows 10 Pro. You will be asked what editiuon to install during Setup. I will PM you an ISO file in 40 minutes.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Since you upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7, your computer has been activated with the so-called "Digital Entitlement". This means that you can install Windows 10 without entering a product key. When it asks you for one, you should be able to skip it.

Please make sure to install the correct edition of WIndows 10. If you had Windows 7 Starter, Home Basic or Home Premium, you need to install Windows 10 Home. If you had Windows 7 Professional or Ultimate, you need to install Windows 10 Pro. You will be asked what editiuon to install during Setup. I will PM you an ISO file in 40 minutes.

Okay thanks mate and everyone

Manchester, England

Lewis