Upper or Lower drive bay for better air?

Go to solution Solved by Geospan1,

You won't see anything differ from changing the slot,but i guess the mos logical thing to do is to put the other hdd 2 slots below this one...

Hello to all! I hope You are all having a great Day/Night! :D

So, my cousin is picking up a new HDD tomorrow, and we will be mounting it tomorrow as well. I've attached a picture that shows what's his setup like now.

There are a couple of HDD slots to choose from in order to mount the drive.

My question is: What slot is the most appropriate one, so that air circulation is good, and the drives stay cold? There is a picture that shows the situation better. (although it's are not very high resolutionish)

Thank You all in Advance for any help! It is really highly appreciated! :D

-Mark.

PS: He already has one hard drive (the one in the picture), he is adding a second one.  What's the best place for the second one?  :P

post-233379-0-68600700-1448554758_thumb.

Hello to all! I hope You are all having a great Day/Night! :D

So, my cousin is picking up a new HDD tomorrow, and we will be mounting it tomorrow as well. I've attached a picture that shows what's his setup like now.

There are a couple of HDD slots to choose from in order to mount the drive.

My question is: What slot is the most appropriate one, so that air circulation is good, and the drives stay cold? There is a picture that shows the situation better. (although it's are not very high resolutionish)

Thank You all in Advance for any help! It is really highly appreciated! :D

-Mark.

PS: He already has one hard drive (the one in the picture), he is adding a second one.  What's the best place for the second one?  :P

I would put both HDD's  on the bottom slots. That is just my opinion tho.

CPU - i7 8700K / Motherboard - ROG Strix Z370 E/ RAM - 32GB Cosair Vengeance DDR / GPU  - GTX 1080ti - EVGA FTW3 / PSU - Seasonic Snow Silent 750W / Cooling - Cryorig H7 Monitor - Acer X34 Predator / Sound - Corsair Void - Case - Meshify C

You won't see anything differ from changing the slot,but i guess the mos logical thing to do is to put the other hdd 2 slots below this one...

I would put both HDD's  on the bottom slots. That is just my opinion tho.

Thank You All for the great replies!

One last question though: Does putting the HDD in the bottom slot make the hot air from the GPU fans go into the HDD - therefore heating it up or it isn't a problem?

Thank You All very much again for the awesome help!

:D :D

Thank You All for the great replies!

One last question though: Does putting the HDD in the bottom slot make the hot air from the GPU fans go into the HDD - therefore heating it up or it isn't a problem?

Thank You All very much again for the awesome help!

:D :D

If the airflow is good it shouldn't.Now i can't really explain what i mean by that but if you tell me the position of the case fans when the side panel is closed,i could give you a rough estimate.Otherwise watch videos and read papers about airflow or air movement in general.Linus made a video( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8EN3K-eaVA ) which is really good(as always)so be sure to check it out.

EDIT:i found one by NCIX that is good too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sh6F2eccMec