(Rumour) Nvidia Preparing Nvidia Geforce GTX 960 Ti Graphic Card To Compete With The Radeon R9 380X – Alleges Report

Mr_Troll

there's also the fact that you can get an r9 290 for more or less the same price as a 380x, and chances are it will wipe the floor with a hypothetical 960ti. This is simply because the 290 is much closer to 970 performance levels. If they don't want to cannbalize the 970's market they'll want to nerf the 960ti accordingly

I don't think the secondhand market has a place in this discussion. It is a fair observation, but with secondhand, anything is game.

Unless someone is selling a new 290 for super-duper cheap somewhere.

Incipere V5.0

Spoiler

CPU | i7-4790k | GPU | Nvidia GTX Titan X | Motherboard | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | Memory | 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 G2 | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + Toshiba 3TB | Case | Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 | CPU Cooler | Noctua NH-D15

Parvulus V1.0

Spoiler

CPU | i5-4690k | GPU | Zotac GTX 960 | Motherboard | ASRock Z97M-ITX/ac | Memory | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 GS | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + WD 1TB Blue 2.5" | Case | Silverstone Sugo SG13

If you want to join a group chat of like-minded techies, gaming, and all things dank, join our Discord group. Message me or get into contact with Galaxy. http://linustechtips.com/main/user/107351-gaiaxy/

I don't think the secondhand market has a place in this discussion. It is a fair observation, but with secondhand, anything is game.

Unless someone is selling a new 290 for super-duper cheap somewhere.

I'm pretty sure they're still available brand new in some places.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

LOL how is it a douche move. It's nothing new? cut-throat competition.

Nvidia released the 780ti as a response to 290x. They probably released the 980ti in anticipation of Fury-X, and sucesfully took the wind out of AMD's sales.

Going back AMD released the 7970Ghz edition as a response to the 680 to ensure they kept the performance crown.

I could go on; this has been happening for over a decade. Nothing douche about it. Just competition.

We'll those are flagship cards. So expect that, but really with the cheap, cut down Gpu's you had to that as well? Sounds more trouble in manufacturing perspective than actual possible profit.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

I'm pretty sure they're still available brand new in some places.

Oooohhh, that wouldn't be a bad shout.

They are technically a legacy product, so their placement is iffy.

Incipere V5.0

Spoiler

CPU | i7-4790k | GPU | Nvidia GTX Titan X | Motherboard | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | Memory | 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 G2 | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + Toshiba 3TB | Case | Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 | CPU Cooler | Noctua NH-D15

Parvulus V1.0

Spoiler

CPU | i5-4690k | GPU | Zotac GTX 960 | Motherboard | ASRock Z97M-ITX/ac | Memory | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 GS | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + WD 1TB Blue 2.5" | Case | Silverstone Sugo SG13

If you want to join a group chat of like-minded techies, gaming, and all things dank, join our Discord group. Message me or get into contact with Galaxy. http://linustechtips.com/main/user/107351-gaiaxy/

there's also the fact that you can get an r9 290 for more or less the same price as a 380x, and chances are it will wipe the floor with a hypothetical 960ti. This is simply because the 290 is much closer to 970 performance levels. If they don't want to cannbalize the 970's market they'll want to nerf the 960ti accordingly

Although supplies might be limited, specially after black friday and this holiday season, pretty much this: why would you get a 380x or a 960ti if you can have a 290 for almost the same cash yet jump to and even past the 970 in performance? Sure cooling, power requirements, but still they just make more sense.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Although supplies might be limited, specially after black friday and this holiday season, pretty much this: why would you get a 380x or a 960ti if you can have a 290 for almost the same cash yet jump to and even past the 970 in performance? Sure cooling, power requirements, but still they just make more sense.

Indeed they do. I suppose it's just a matter of needing something in that price area that won't destroy r9 390/gtx 970 sales and just pretending the r9 290 has completely gone from the market. 780s are pretty good deals too nowadays, but they're harder to find brand new.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Indeed they do. I suppose it's just a matter of needing something in that price area that won't destroy r9 390/gtx 970 sales and just pretending the r9 290 has completely gone from the market. 780s are pretty good deals too nowadays, but they're harder to find brand new.

Also while both are neglected Kepler seems to be even more forgotten by Nvidia than Hawaii by AMD. Again as much as we (myself included) bitched about rebrands realistically they help keep products relevant for a longer time vs just changing architecture too often.

-------

Current Rig

-------