Computer can't boot, losing my mind

Propensity
Go to solution Solved by Propensity,

Well I guess the MB somehow died. I've cleared cmos on both bios. With no cpu cooler and the MB outside of the case it still only turns on for a second and then shuts off and cycles indefinitely. This upgrade now looks like a full new system at this point.

Edit: Calling the MB dead. Dug out my old 2500k to see if my 3770k was the issue and still same problem. The alarm led at the top of my msi z77a gd65 near the activity leds shines red and then the system powers off. No clue how I killed it but I'm pretty sad right now.

I am in need of help quickly. I upgraded my gpu and cpu liquid cooler and now cannot get the computer to boot. I replaced the old components and tested the build in the kitchen and it booted up fine with no peripherals connected. I then moved it back to the bedroom and plugged everything in and now it turns on for a fraction of a second then powers off and repeats. It is still doing this with just the cpu, h100i gtx, motherboard, and one stick of ram. I'm about to take the h100i off but wanted to see if anyone has an idea. Sorry for poor format but I'm stuck on my phone for now.

Also just jumped the psu and it works fine. I'll give more components out soon, just need to calm down. I've been trouble shooting for over 2 hours.

Thank you for any help

it turns on for a fraction of a second then powers off and repeats. 

Sounds like your motherboard might be defective, you might have transferred some static electricity to it while tinkering, or maybe flicked it with your screwdriver or something.

System

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K @4.5GHz - 1.230v  RAM: HyperX Fury DDR4 4x4GB 2666MHz  MB: MSI X99S SLI PLUS  CASE: NZXT H440  CPU-COOLER: Fractal Design Kelvin S24  PSU: Corsair RM1000W w/ white sleeved cable kit  GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 ARMOR  MONITOR: LG 27GL850-B  STORAGE: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2, Samsung 840 EVO 256GB,  WD Red 3TB

Sounds like your motherboard might be defective, you might have transferred some static electricity to it while tinkering, or maybe flicked it with your screwdriver or something.

I guess it could be that but how can it boot fine, then after not touching a component and moving it into my room, just die? The only thing I did was close side panels and plug peripherals in.

I guess it could be that but how can it boot fine, then after not touching a component and moving it into my room, just die? The only thing I did was close side panels and plug peripherals in.

Impossible for me to say, but the motherboard is the only component that makes sense to me to be defective in the scenario.

System

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K @4.5GHz - 1.230v  RAM: HyperX Fury DDR4 4x4GB 2666MHz  MB: MSI X99S SLI PLUS  CASE: NZXT H440  CPU-COOLER: Fractal Design Kelvin S24  PSU: Corsair RM1000W w/ white sleeved cable kit  GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 ARMOR  MONITOR: LG 27GL850-B  STORAGE: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2, Samsung 840 EVO 256GB,  WD Red 3TB

Going to pull out the MB and try to boot it on the box and see what happens.

Try clearing your CMOS.

"Graphics and gameplay are not mutually exclusive."

"Nvidia, AMD, Intel, or whatever company out there has only one end goal and that is PROFIT.

If you think these companies exist for any other reason you're gonna be disappointed my dear. CAVEAT EMPTOR"

Well I guess the MB somehow died. I've cleared cmos on both bios. With no cpu cooler and the MB outside of the case it still only turns on for a second and then shuts off and cycles indefinitely. This upgrade now looks like a full new system at this point.

Edit: Calling the MB dead. Dug out my old 2500k to see if my 3770k was the issue and still same problem. The alarm led at the top of my msi z77a gd65 near the activity leds shines red and then the system powers off. No clue how I killed it but I'm pretty sad right now.