sapphire r9 fury overclocking causing monitor unstability?

cellsheet
Go to solution Solved by cellsheet,

What got my attention mostly in this was the random small popping as far as when I did this, I'm assuming this is just part of the artifacts that occur for an unstable GPU.

Edit: I've seem to have found a resolution for my OC, just +48 mV seems to work w/ power limit at 0.

Hello, yesterday I received a sapphire r9 fury which I managed to overclock to 1160 MHz, and a LG 34UC97-S. I'm not sure if I'm overclocking too much, but my temperatures just seem to reach 70c max (if there's any OC advise about the power limit and mV should as far as a safe limit, I would be interested in that as well).

My card is running at 1160 MHz with +65 mV, and the power limit is at 50%, with the memory clock at 1050 MHz currently. My issue is that when it gets past 50 or so mV, my monitor will start having artifacts (random grey/static lines in the video mainly) in the display and has caused the speaker to pop a little as well. I'm using the included display port cable, and have displayport 1.2 enabled. I'm not sure what the cause is considering it only happens when the mV is turned up, however I've also had this issue when I used my displayport cable bought from amazon (cablematters), and used displayport 1.2. The issue is resolved when set to under +50 mV, but I'm curious as to whether its a monitor defect or not with its behavior. Thanks.

thats not your monitor, thats your gpu causing the artifacting. Artifacting is the result of an unstable overclock on your gpu, or too much core voltage. 

What got my attention mostly in this was the random small popping as far as when I did this, I'm assuming this is just part of the artifacts that occur for an unstable GPU.

Edit: I've seem to have found a resolution for my OC, just +48 mV seems to work w/ power limit at 0.