LINUX HELP!

Hey guys.

So I Googled around and was obviously typing in the wrong keywords because i couldn't find much.
Anway here it is

I just downloaded a few of the unigine benchmarks to my Downloads folder. What do I have to do to get it running with primus? I know how to primusrun steam and get that working with my 660 Ti.

Using Ubuntu 12.04 LTS but pretty sure that being on a differnt distro wouldn't change my commands anyway.

Thanks in advanced to anyone who can help

Cpu: Intel i5- 4570 | Ram: Crucial DDR3 8GB | Video Card: Evega GTX 660 Ti 2GB Super Clocked

Monitor: Philips 24" | Keyboard: CM Storm Quickfire TK | Mouse: Logitech G700s |

Steam

My best guess would be in the command prompt

cd Downloads
chmod +x <filename>.run

Then Execute with 

./<filename>.run

Ryzen 5 1500x, Noctua NH-L9x65 SE-AM4, GA-AB350N, 16GB 1600Mhz, EVGA GTX 970, 250GB Samsung 960 Evo, 120GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1TB WD Green & 2TB Seagate Barracuda. 650w OCZ ZX & Cooler Master Elite 130. Acer CB241HQK 4K, LG IPS234V-PN 1080p, Ducky Zero Shine All Blue/Anne Pro Brown/SteelSeries Apex Pro & Razer Naga 2014

it comes up permission denied. then i sudo primusrun'ed it and it still came up permission denied.
does it change anything that the files say .run at the end of them?

Cpu: Intel i5- 4570 | Ram: Crucial DDR3 8GB | Video Card: Evega GTX 660 Ti 2GB Super Clocked

Monitor: Philips 24" | Keyboard: CM Storm Quickfire TK | Mouse: Logitech G700s |

Steam

Hmm, sounds like the .run files may only be installers, run them normally before trying to load them via this primus thing which seems to help with nvidia stuff on linux (This is what you get for having nvidia on linux, AMD and intel have no problems with this sort of stuff)

If they aren't installers then I just guess forget it. Don't bother :)

Arch Linux on Samsung 840 EVO 120GB: Startup finished in 1.334s (kernel) + 224ms (userspace) = 1.559s | U mad windoze..?

it comes up permission denied. then i sudo primusrun'ed it and it still came up permission denied.

does it change anything that the files say .run at the end of them?

try putting 'sudo' at the beginning of the command(s), then press enter and it will ask for your login password.

Note that when you type in the password it wil not show up when you type it in, because of sercuity reasons.

try putting 'sudo' at the beginning of the command(s), then press enter and it will ask for your login password.

Note that when you type in the password it wil not show up when you type it in, because of sercuity reasons.

You didn't even read what he said, you just saw permission denied and assumed he didn't sudo it.. read it again.

Arch Linux on Samsung 840 EVO 120GB: Startup finished in 1.334s (kernel) + 224ms (userspace) = 1.559s | U mad windoze..?

Isn't primusrun and optirun for laptops with Optimus?

Proud to be from Belgium.

sorry to be so slow to get back to guys. my ubuntu wouldn't boot and i had to spend about a week fixing it. anyway thanks for your help.

Steam