internet connectivity issues and chassis intrude errors..

mr_lactose
Go to solution Solved by DevilishBooster,

Chassis Intrusion Error means that they motherboard has detected that the case has been opened and that someone might have tried to remove something. It's a feature on some motherboards. There should be a jumper that you need to reset. Consult your motherboard's manual on the proper procedure.

EDIT: If there isn't a jumper on the motherboard that you need to replace, then it's most likely a setting in the BIOS that you need to check. Again, consult your manual.

@mr_lactose Make sure you always follow your own threads.

So my first pc build has kind of turned into a nightmare at best. The circumstances have not been in my favor and it seems everything that can go wrong has gone wrong.

Ive been dealing with two major issues with my new computer one being every time i start the computer for the first time it gives me a chassis intrude error. The only way i can get by this is unplugging the desktop and and restarting it and booting to bios. Once i get past that i cant really do anything with the computer because it doesn't accept ethernet cables. It says its an issue with my modem and that i need to restart the modem. This doesn't even sound like a viable solution, but ive done it four times today already.

the motherboard i am using is a Asus M5A97 Le R2.0 

i have a gtx960 for gpu and a amd FX 6300 for the cpu

any help would be appreciated i am at my wits end and just about ready to throw the computer out a window..

Chassis Intrusion Error means that they motherboard has detected that the case has been opened and that someone might have tried to remove something. It's a feature on some motherboards. There should be a jumper that you need to reset. Consult your motherboard's manual on the proper procedure.

EDIT: If there isn't a jumper on the motherboard that you need to replace, then it's most likely a setting in the BIOS that you need to check. Again, consult your manual.

@mr_lactose Make sure you always follow your own threads.

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

So maybe i probably shouldnt be building pcs... i was attaching the one pin connectors and took the covers off those pins.. and threw them away with the covers for the graphics card.. and guess what day is trash day....

and nvm.... my little brother was playing with them...