Monitor Randomly Switches Off

cubies1982

Hey,

I've been getting this weird problem while I'm using my computer the monitor will just randomly turn itself off while I'm gaming and then I hear the Windows "ding" sound. How do I check the error message without having to restart my computer to see the error message? Also it'll turn itself off when I load a browser, it's left idle at the desktop or when Windows loads. Sometimes it'll never happen for two days and somedays it'll happen six times.

Hey,

I've been getting this weird problem while I'm using my computer the monitor will just randomly turn itself off while I'm gaming and then I hear the Windows "ding" sound. How do I check the error message without having to restart my computer to see the error message? Also it'll turn itself off when I load a browser, it's left idle at the desktop or when Windows loads. Sometimes it'll never happen for two days and somedays it'll happen six times.

Sounds like a driver failure.  Unstable OC?

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Sounds like a driver failure.  Unstable OC?

The only way I can find out is by seeing the error message because my PC continues running and there is still audio I just have to reset my computer again to bring back the monitor display. How do you check the error message without the monitor turned on? Could I printscreen?

The only way I can find out is by seeing the error message because my PC continues running and there is still audio I just have to reset my computer again to bring back the monitor display. How do you check the error message without the monitor turned on? Could I printscreen?

Teamviewer should work.  Printscreen MIGHT work?

Teamviewer should work.  Printscreen MIGHT work?

Printscreen would work but without being able to see the screen I am unable to paste it into Paint and then save it. I'm Googling trying to find some programs that will printscreen and save to a file with a single press of a key.

Printscreen would work but without being able to see the screen I am unable to paste it into Paint and then save it. I'm Googling trying to find some programs that will printscreen and save to a file with a single press of a key.

Lightshot can be set up for that I think.

Lightshot can be set up for that I think.

Thanks, Lightshot works perfectly! :D Now I just have to wait for the error message.

Thanks, Lightshot works perfectly! :D Now I just have to wait for the error message.

Well, I've finally caught the error message causing this problem!

yQuBaF4.png

Please help!

Print screen -> Windows key -> paint -> enter -> Ctrl + V -> Ctrl + S -> 1234 -> enter.

Windows Key -> right arrow -> enter.

A pretty simple job.

Well, I've finally caught the error message causing this problem!

yQuBaF4.png

Please help!

Looks like Windows is trying to eject the GPU to restart the card / driver.

It's not a race to the bottom.