[TT] Samsung Galaxy IV Alleged Photos

dawg
The first noticeable feature is that the home button is missing, a feature that was popular on previous Samsung phones. It is also notable that the screen seems taller which could mean that the company may be moving the buttons to the screen. Moving the home buttons to the screen is something Google has been pushing since the release of ICS.

As with all "leaked" photos, we should take them with a grain of salt. Photos are easily altered and a good fake is not hard to come by. If by chance, this photo is the real deal, I am betting we see something official by Q2 of this year.

Source

I would love them to switch things up a bit. Phones are getting boring. They need to add something new. Chances are the S IV will just be a S III but with better hardware.

The consistently similar design for most cell phones is very similar to the automotive industry. Car manufacturers have found and proven that the teardrop design is the most aerodynamic one, so most cars from most manufacturers look extremely similar. Cell phone manufacturers have found the sweet spot in terms of lightness, "fit-in-my-hand" comfort, etc. So unless some serious studies are done, I predict that most cell phones will follow this design.

Design seems sort of unambitious, especially compared to the jump from the S2 to S3. Seems to me like a photoshopped Note 2 to be honest.

I want them to think out of the box. Maybe make a back a touch panel like the vita?

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

I want them to think out of the box. Maybe make a back a touch panel like the vita?

This wouldn't really change the look of the phone though, unless that's not what you are talking about just assuming since that seems to be what the others are talking about :P.

Hope thats not it. I dont like it !

I dream of 0s and 1s folding to my every command,

algorithms seeping from the back of my head when I need them.

I think it looks boring, better be something new, as I'm pretty tired of the cell phone design now-a-days.

MEH

Hope thats not it. I dont like it !

I hope that isn't is either. Samsung always does weird stuff with curve and the way that they design their products. On this phone, I think that the design is unambitious in it's approach, and although they got rid of the home button here, it seems as though they are trying harder to copy Apple's iPhone, not trying to differentiate themselves from it.

As for the curved lines that they do, on this I don't like how close the screen gets to the edge while still maintaining the rounded corners. It looks strange to have a big black box in the middle of a rectangle with rounded corners, and the only reason this works for Apple is because of the fact that the screen's edge is further from the edge of the phone. Also, just bringing up something from a previous Samsung product, is the Nexus 10. The slight rounded sides to that tablet look so weird to me when there is a perfectly square screen within it.

I don't know... just my thoughts

pnBIF.gif?1