Windows 10 brightness control grayed out

Yongtjunkit
Go to solution Solved by Yongtjunkit,

You reinstalled windows, did you install all the drivers (chipset etc.) If not go look up your model on the manufacturer's website and get all the drivers!

Oh and try things like the fn keys again after installing and rebooting

You reinstalled windows, did you install all the drivers (chipset etc.) If not go look up your model on the manufacturer's website and get all the drivers!

Hmm, idk what it could be man. It might a software pre-installed on your computer? I'm gonna go to bed tho. Hope you find the answer m8 cause i'm out of ideas :(

I was gonna go there next with the fn + function key. Have you tried adjusting the brightness with the keyboard?

Perhaps there is some preinstalled software from the manafacturer that controls the brightness?

Or is there a fn+fx combination that controls it?

Turn off adaptive brightness for on battery and plugged in

ok, microsoft and I had already solve the problem. it turns out that team viewer 11 monitor driver is the problem 

Hi, I'm having an issue after I've cleaned install Windows 10 and upgrade it to build 1511. The brightness options is grayed out and I can't adjust it. I've tried reinstalling drivers and restarting my laptop and it won't work.

post-252623-14484361001407_thumb.jpg

Hi, I'm having an issue after I've cleaned install Windows 10 and upgrade it to build 1511. The brightness options is grayed out and I can't adjust it. I've tried reinstalling drivers and restarting my laptop and it won't work.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1448436095.510348.jpg

If battery saver is on it most likely wont let you change the brightness

CPU: AMD FX-6300     COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO    MOBO: ASUS M5A97 R2.0    RAM: Team Vulcan 8Gb (4Gb x 2) , G-Skill Sniper (4Gb x 2)    PSU: Rosewill HIVE-750w    GPU: ASUS HD 7790 2Gb OC    CASE: NZXT Phantom 410    STORAGE: WD Black 1Tb , Intel 530 120Gb     AUDIO: HyperX Cloud , Sennheiser HD 518 , Audio Technica ATH-M30 , Sennheiser MM30G , Yamaha RX-V361 , Pioneer SP-BS22     PHONE: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge     PERIPHERALS: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Classic , Logitech g502 ( Thanks Syntaxvgm <3 )

If battery saver is on it most likely wont let you change the brightness

It's not on and it's plugged in

It's not on and it's plugged in

Have you gone into your power options to see what your computer says about its brightness management?

CPU: AMD FX-6300     COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO    MOBO: ASUS M5A97 R2.0    RAM: Team Vulcan 8Gb (4Gb x 2) , G-Skill Sniper (4Gb x 2)    PSU: Rosewill HIVE-750w    GPU: ASUS HD 7790 2Gb OC    CASE: NZXT Phantom 410    STORAGE: WD Black 1Tb , Intel 530 120Gb     AUDIO: HyperX Cloud , Sennheiser HD 518 , Audio Technica ATH-M30 , Sennheiser MM30G , Yamaha RX-V361 , Pioneer SP-BS22     PHONE: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge     PERIPHERALS: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Classic , Logitech g502 ( Thanks Syntaxvgm <3 )

Have you gone into your power options to see what your computer says about its brightness management?

How to access it?

Power option doesn't show anything about brightness including edit plan setting

> Go to Power Options

> Go to edit plan settings

> Change advanced power settings

> Look for anything related to brightness or display

> Go to Power Options

> Go to edit plan settings

> Change advanced power settings

> Look for anything related to brightness or display

post-252623-1448437031709_thumb.jpg

So you turned both of them off and applied it?

Perhaps there is some preinstalled software from the manafacturer that controls the brightness?

My Rig:

Model: P650RG | Brand: Clevo | CPU: 6700HQ | GPU: 980M | RAM: 16GB KINGSTON HYPER-X DDR4 | SSD: 2x 480GB Kingston KC300 | Screen: 3K Panasonic IPS LED 

I was gonna go there next with the fn + function key. Have you tried adjusting the brightness with the keyboard?

Yes and it still doesn't work (the fn key)

Hmm, idk what it could be man. It might a software pre-installed on your computer? I'm gonna go to bed tho. Hope you find the answer m8 cause i'm out of ideas :(

My Rig:

Model: P650RG | Brand: Clevo | CPU: 6700HQ | GPU: 980M | RAM: 16GB KINGSTON HYPER-X DDR4 | SSD: 2x 480GB Kingston KC300 | Screen: 3K Panasonic IPS LED 

Just contacted Microsoft, they said they will call me tomorrow at 10.00a.m.

I've installed all drivers

I'll reply back once ms called me tomorrow

ok, microsoft and I had already solve the problem. it turns out that team viewer 11 monitor driver is the problem 

Glad you got it fixed! Happy brightness :)