What GPU Should I Get

Alpha741

Okay so currently I have a GTX 970 G1 Gaming and I want to upgrade to a better GPU. Yes I know the 970 is the best bang for the buck but I want at least a 980 level card that can run games longer than a 970. I dont want to spend more than $650 but I would go up a little bit if it was like a sale on a Titan X. My specs is in my info. 

Okay so currently I have a GTX 970 G1 Gaming and I want to upgrade to a better GPU. Yes I know the 970 is the best bang for the buck but I want at least a 980 level card that can run games longer than a 970. I dont want to spend more than $650 but I would go up a little bit if it was like a sale on a Titan X. My specs is in my info. 

A 980ti is not much worse than a titan x and is half the price. if you were already thinking about getting a 980, then for 150 dollars more for the vast increase in performance of a 980ti it is worth it.

A 980ti is not much worse than a titan x and is half the price. if you were getting a 980 for 150 dollars more for the vast increase in performance is worth it.

Non reference 980Ti's (such as the MSI G1 Gaming) outperform a Titan X due to GPU boost 2.0 auto applying OC's and the better thermal dissipation that aftermarket coolers provide.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

A 980ti is not much worse than a titan x and is half the price. if you were already thinking about getting a 980, then for 150 dollars more for the vast increase in performance of a 980ti it is worth it.

Most 980ti's perform just as well as a Titan X, you only get less VRAM. 

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

ALL OF THE GPU's

But honestly keep the 970 and wait for the next cards and buy one then or use the new cards launch to get your self a 980/980Ti as the price will go down.... 970 will easily last you no prob till the new cards launch.

Desktop: CPU: I7-5820K GPU: 980Ti, 750Ti PhysX Mobo: MSI X99A SLI PLUS RAM: 4x4 Kingston DDR4 2400MHz OS: Win10
Storage: 250GB Samsung Evo, 3TB WD Black and Green FIRESTRIKE, Reason for dedicated PhysX Card.

Peripherals: Screen: 3x BenQ VZ2350 Mouse: Razer Naga Keyboard: Some Dell Thing Sound: Razer Tiamat, 5.1 Logitech Surround Speakers

*throws up at mention of titan x possibility* if you are just gaming a 980Ti is the best option and if you went with EVGA for the 970 they have their upgrade program :P

but if it were me that 970 will be fine until prices of things drop when the next series comes or just wait for next series. Unless you want more then 50fps on AAA games right at this moment.

I need something more powerful than this. Something that can drive 4k for video editing. I know a 980 can but my 970 just isn't cutting it when I edit videos.