I wonder..

Zach Is Kill

So, I'm wondering, how can a company track you and when does it begin?

Do you actually have to use the peer to peer program, or can they track you from when you download the first thing?

Case: NZXT S340 || CPU: i7 4790k || Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO || GPU: GTX 770 || Mobo: Z97 PC Mate || Storage: 240GB Sandisk Extreme Pro || RAM: 4x4GB 1333mHz

Umm.... Vague post is vague.

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

they don't care, and you won't go to jail.

p2p can be ip tracked

torrent sites have ip list

isps have list of sites you go to.

but they can't prove who it using the computer :) so it doesn't matter.

Do you actually have to use the peer to peer program, or can they track you from when you download the first thing?

Just drink the flouride and go with the flow. Nothing can save you now T^T

In my country they pretty much track everything you do online now...

My Rigs:

Gaming/CAD/Rendering Rig
Case:
 Corsair Air 240 , CPU: i7-4790K, Mobo: ASUS Gryphon Z97 mATX,  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970, RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16GB, SSD: SAMSUNG 1TB 840 EVO, Cooling: Corsair H80i PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/f2TH99SFF HTPC
Case:
Silverstone ML06B, CPU: Pentium G3258, Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H97N-WiFi, RAM: G.Skill 4GB, SSD: Kingston SSDNow 120GB PCPP: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/b/JmZ8TW

vpn`s my friend vpn`s, one can hypothetically pirate a game, and eventually hypothetically get traced and get a letter for copy right, but again thats all hypothetical, nobody actually pirates........  :ph34r:

speaking form hypothetical experience

Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

did you know we have a gun thread ? well we do 

and a car thread ! 

They can track you through various means (isp, search browser, search bots, fake peers etc), but you can mitigate most of these methods (not all) through vpn and other data encryptions, however most people don't bother as copyright is a hard to enforce thing especially given just how archaic the laws are for it.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

They can track you through various means (isp, search browser, search bots, fake peers etc), but you can mitigate most of these methods (not all) through vpn and other data encryptions, however most people don't bother as copyright is a hard to enforce thing especially given just how archaic the laws are for it.

The issue recently isn't individuals being pursued for copyright infringement...it's copyright owners (or their authorized agents) working with ISPs to limit it. A warning system of sorts...meant to discourage you from such activities. When your ISP is made aware that one of their IP addresses has been used in a way that infringes upon copyrights, they are required to take action. In most cases this will be an email and a warning, but if it continues it can result in the suspension or termination of your internet services.

The DMCA permits copyright owners to notify ISPs if they believe that a customer has infringed their work(s). When an ISP receives a notice from a copyright owner, they will notify the identified customer of the alleged infringement by providing them a copy of the notice. As required by law, the ISP may determine that the customer is a repeat copyright infringer and reserves the right to suspend or terminate the accounts of repeat copyright infringers.

Please consider the following when reviewing this notice:

• Your ISP has received this notice from the copyright holder or its agent and is not responsible for the content of any notice.

• Any settlement offers contained in the notice come directly from the copyright holder or its agent, not from the ISP.

• Your ISP cannot advise you on whether to accept any offers contained in the notice; you may want to consult your own legal advisors before acting.

• If you contact the copyright holder or its agent directly, they will have your contact information and may contact you with requests, offers or demands.

• Your ISP has not disclosed your name or contact information to the copyright holder or its agent as a result of this notice.