Website not showing properly

Walter H.W.
Go to solution Solved by petem,

Ehm... I fixed it...Lol... It was my antivirus, which is too aggressive, usually it doesn't load the website completely if it doesn't like it, but this time he wasn't loading some images which are on a different domain "xda-cdn.com".

Thanks to the console I went to the xda logo image and opened it in another windows, so I saw the antivirus was blocking it, white listed it in my antivirus and now everything shows up normally.

I still get 1 error: 

Spoiler
​This browser is AJAX compatible

vBmenu :: System Activated

Firing System Init

Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token <

FA-testing

FA-orig: 563

FA-new: 857

but honestly it's not important. 

I'm sorry I wasted your time, I actually tried disabling the firewall before but I guess that wasn't enough. Thanks for the help though, without your suggestion I wouldn't have found the solution!  :D  :wub:

Not a waste, by taking it step by step we were able to ferret out the problem - good sleuthing!

Take care! ;)

Hi guys,

I'm having a huge problem on the xda-developer forum, when I go there all I see is text. I don't see any images, so the website is unusable.

I don't have this problem anywhere else, and even in other browsers it still doesn't show it properly.

I've tried a lot of stuff but it still doesn't work, any suggestions? 

I am the one who knocks.

Hi guys,

I'm having a huge problem on the xda-developer forum, when I go there all I see is text. I don't see any images, so the website is unusable.

I don't have this problem anywhere else, and even in other browsers it still doesn't show it properly.

I've tried a lot of stuff but it still doesn't work, any suggestions? 

What system, OS, browser, etc.?

Folding For Linus since July 2015

What system, OS, browser, etc.?

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 64-bit

Browser: ANY :(.. Chrome, Firefox, IE.. 

I am the one who knocks.

Are there placeholders where the pics should be?

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 64-bit

Browser: ANY :(.. Chrome, Firefox, IE.. 

Has it always been like that on this system, or is this a new problem?

Are there placeholders where the pics should be?

Has it always been like that on this system, or is this a new problem?

It's like this since about 10 days, I think updating acrobat reader is the only thing I did, I tried uninstalling it and reinstall it but nothing has changed. I should try doing it better maybe.

That's what I see:

Spoiler

VnLBze3.png

LKCbCBY.png

AIPP46N.png

OGTcay6.png

Any ideas?

I am the one who knocks.

It's like this since about 10 days, I think updating acrobat reader is the only thing I did, I tried uninstalling it and reinstall it but nothing has changed. I should try doing it better maybe.

That's what I see:

Spoiler

VnLBze3.png

LKCbCBY.png

AIPP46N.png

OGTcay6.png

Any ideas?

Looks like it's not processing the css files properly (or at all) - what url are you looking at? I'll see what it looks like on my end.

That's what I see:

Spoiler

VnLBze3.png

LKCbCBY.png

AIPP46N.png

OGTcay6.png

Any ideas?

That really look like server side issue. Whenever I get that, refresh fixes it. And since its same on all browsers and only that site, more looking towards server side issue.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Looks like it's not processing the css files properly (or at all) - what url are you looking at? I'll see what it looks like on my end.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/

Thanks.

That really look like server side issue. Whenever I get that, refresh fixes it. And since its same on all browsers and only that site, more looking towards server side issue.

Very few people seem to complain, also the website looks fine on my phone, it has to be something with my PC :/

I am the one who knocks.

Thanks.

Very few people seem to complain, also the website looks fine on my phone, it has to be something with my PC :/

Yea, looks fine on my laptop - I suspect you may not be getting the page in a timely fashion, and some of the supporting files may be timing out before the page is complete.  Just out of curiosity, do you know how to use chrome developer? (I'm hoping you are visiting that website because you have some decent devolopment skilz).  If so I'll talk you through analyzing Chromes' browser response while it renders the web page.

If not, I think I can still talk you through it.

Thanks.

Or router, lan drivers or something like that. Seems to work fine for me.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Yea, looks fine on my laptop - I suspect you may not be getting the page in a timely fashion, and some of the supporting files may be timing out before the page is complete.  Just out of curiosity, do you know how to use chrome developer? (I'm hoping you are visiting that website because you have some decent devolopment skilz).  If so I'll talk you through analyzing Chromes' browser response while it renders the web page.

If not, I think I can still talk you through it.

Sorry to disappoint you but I'm not a developer or understand much of it. I go there to check for ROMs and news about smartphones, so I don't know if I'd be able to follow you..

If it adds anything to the conv, also on aliexpress deals page, product Images don't load: http://superdeals.aliexpress.com/en?spm=2114.11010108.21.1.kJjTab but layout and website design is fine.

On specific store pages the top menu layout is fu**d up:

Spoiler
4MNBD6x.png

I'm going crazy u.u

Or router, lan drivers or something like that. Seems to work fine for me.

It works fine on my phone and I really haven't changed anything since before it stopped working.

I am the one who knocks.

Sorry to disappoint you but I'm not a developer or understand much of it. I go there to check for ROMs and news about smartphones, so I don't know if I'd be able to follow you..

If it adds anything to the conv, also on aliexpress deals page, product Images don't load: http://superdeals.aliexpress.com/en?spm=2114.11010108.21.1.kJjTab but layout and website design is fine.

On specific store pages the top menu layout is fu**d up:

Spoiler
4MNBD6x.png

I'm going crazy u.u

It works fine on my phone and I really haven't changed anything since before it stopped working.

It's not as hard as it sounds, as long as we are on the forum at the same time and can have a reasonably responsive back and forth discussion - it's up to you ; )

It's not as hard as it sounds, as long as we are on the forum at the same time and can have a reasonably responsive back and forth discussion - it's up to you ; )

I don't know man, it sounds like a lot of work for you.. Are we even sure it's gonna be fixed? it could still be some other software I'm running, or am I mistaken?

I am the one who knocks.

I don't know man, it sounds like a lot of work for you.. Are we even sure it's gonna be fixed? it could still be some other software I'm running, or am I mistaken?

Won't necessarily fix the problem, but will give us a better idea of what might be the problem ...

m8 try reseting your browser, could you please ping the forum or do an dns lookup on it maybe somone hase poisoned your dns cache. and i forgot post the ip here so we can check against it

GTX 970, MSI x99s sli plus, intel i7 5820k, 16 GB ram. A ton of storage and arch/windows dual boot. It's my Huldra_V2 :wub:

Won't necessarily fix the problem, but will give us a better idea of what might be the problem ...

Alright let's try, when are you available?

m8 try reseting your browser, could you please ping the forum or do an dns lookup on it maybe somone hase poisoned your dns cache.

I already tried m9, is the DNS poison legit? Can't tell if you're serious or trolling. Lol.

I am the one who knocks.

Alright let's try, when are you available?

I already tried m9, is the DNS poison legit? Can't tell if you're serious or trolling. Lol.

Ok, lemme type up some instructions...

From chrome, browse to the xda-developer page.

Press the F12 key to open the chrome developer.

From the developer window, click the Network Tab.

Press the F5 key to reload the page.  The network tab will show you how long each element that makes up the webpage takes to load (in ms).

From chrome, browse to the xda-developer page.

Press the F12 key to open the chrome developer.

From the developer window, click the Network Tab.

Press the F5 key to reload the page.  The network tab will show you how long each element that makes up the webpage takes to load (in ms).

I don't get it, it keeps recalling the same xda-logo.png image, now it's at like 1000 requests 1.4mb transferred, time still going. 

EDIT: also gives me 9 errors:

vResource interpreted as Stylesheet but transferred with MIME type text/html: "http://forum-lw-2.xda-cdn.com/css/2015/2015.min.css?v=1447959241".

Uncaught TypeError: $.cookie is not a function

Uncaught ReferenceError: vbphrase is not defined

Uncaught ReferenceError: vBulletin_init is not defined

Uncaught TypeError: jQuery.cookie is not a function

I am the one who knocks.

The main windows lists the files requested to render the page, status, some other info we don't care about, and the Time and Timeline - if the file is accessible, normally the time/ timeline should  between 50-500ms.

Scroll through the list of files - do any of them have a solid bar for the timeline, instead of a short one?

Do any of them have a status of "failed"?

I don't get it, it keeps recalling the same xda-logo.png image, now it's at like 1000 requests 1.4mb transferred, time still going. 

EDIT: also gives me 9 errors:

vResource interpreted as Stylesheet but transferred with MIME type text/html: "http://forum-lw-2.xda-cdn.com/css/2015/2015.min.css?v=1447959241".

Uncaught TypeError: $.cookie is not a function

Uncaught ReferenceError: vbphrase is not defined

Uncaught ReferenceError: vBulletin_init is not defined

Uncaught TypeError: jQuery.cookie is not a function

For example, in mine, I have 2 with a status of failed, probably because of my ad blocker addon or ghostery - they prevent obnoxious content from being loaded

Just judging by your post, it looks like you aren't getting a javascript and maybe a css file or 2

Just judging by your post, it looks like you aren't getting a javascript and maybe a css file or 2

That's what I get, keeps going forever..

Spoiler
O8OaSkF.jpg

I am the one who knocks.

That's what I get, keeps going forever..

Spoiler
O8OaSkF.jpg

That is weird as hell - it if keeps requesting the same file over and over, it sounds like it's in a messed up javascript loop, or else the browser itself is having problems.

Ok.

Hit F5 again, but this time press the escape key after about 3 seconds.

What does it show then?

Also, just to be sure there aren't any addons interfering with the page, try looking at it in incognito mode.  If it's OK there, then you likely have an addon or more that is interfering with loading the webpage.

The strange thing is I don't see it trying to load a file by the name of "xda-logo.png" in my developer at all...

Just to be sure, I'm at http://forum.xda-developers.com/