970 Bottle neck help

Hi, I am trying to upgrade my brother's computer for Christmas. He currently has a Amd 750k cpu, and a MSI 7770. Both parts were formerly mine, and he is in need of a performace boost. I am looking to get him a EVGA 970, because he wants to play Assassin's Creed Syndicate, and Rainbow Six : Siege. However, i am wondering if his CPU would be too slow for the 970. Thanks!

Yes. I would definitely upgrade his CPU.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Although it will definitely be a bottleneck ,you'll see a good improvement in performance none the less

What would be a good upgrade? He only has 300$ TOTAL to spend on his computer, so it needs to be good. He isnt too concerned with playing max settings or anything, so could you recommend a GPU? My other thought was a 380. 

Actually leave the system as it is and just add a r9 380 and a half decent power supply( if you don't already have one) and you'll be set

Actually leave the system as it is and just add a r9 380 and a half decent power supply( if you don't already have one) and you'll be set

The 380 would perform well and most likely outperform and GTX 960. Just make sure you get him a good PSU. AMD loves power and heat.

i7-4790k @ 4.7GHz, 16GB DDR3 @1866MHz, MSI Gaming X 8G GTX 1080@2060MHz, 500GB SSD, 2TB Raid 0 HDD, 240GB Raid 0 SSD, EVGA SuperNOVA 850W PSU, Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed

Ok. He already has a corsair 600w psu, so i think he could handle the 380 or a 970. Also, he is playing at relatively low resolution, so i think he will have enough performance. 

If it is a corsair CX 600 PSU I would buy a better to be sure

Again just in case