Best 27'' monitor for programming

ajescudero

After spending the last 2 days in bed with my eyes red and crying, I have learned that my ASUS MX279H can be a nightmare for coding. I want to rip my eyes off the head and put them in water with ice. Really.

So I am looking for help trying to decide between the Apple Monitor Thunderbolt Display 27", a 1440p monitor (I would love if it was a Dell) or as some people suggested me, buying a 4K.

About the 4K, I am wiliing it would work on a MacBook Pro 15'' mid2012 i7 but I am still afraid that 4K won't work as expected and maybe my Mac won't work with it. I am not going to be able to go to the store and buy it. I live in Argentina and my sister is buying it in Chile. So, I have to decide from the distance which monitor to buy.

post-287886-0-00331500-1448092231_thumb.

This is what I had to do today to work and it sucked.

Any help on clarifying this would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Aldo

Have you thought of an LG ultrawide?

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

After spending the last 2 days in bed with my eyes red and crying, I have learned that my ASUS MX279H can be a nightmare for coding. I want to rip my eyes off the head and put them in water with ice. Really.

So I am looking for help trying to decide between the Apple Monitor Thunderbolt Display 27", a 1440p monitor (I would love if it was a Dell) or as some people suggested me, buying a 4K.

About the 4K, I am wiliing it would work on a MacBook Pro 15'' mid2012 i7 but I am still afraid that 4K won't work as expected and maybe my Mac won't work with it. I am not going to be able to go to the store and buy it. I live in Argentina and my sister is buying it in Chile. So, I have to decide from the distance which monitor to buy.

attachicon.gif12271152_10206089877985147_1761961172_o.jpg

This is what I had to do today to work and it sucked.

Any help on clarifying this would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Aldo

Most of the 4k monitors in market are usually in the size of 27~28", that makes the PPI around 157~163 range. Good luck squinting your eyes to read the text.

For the text to be read at comfortable level with 4k resolution, you need a screen size of 38". Usually people use TV instead of monitor if they go this route. But again, a 38" screen isn't exactly good solution if you want to read it from normal viewing distance (around 40~50 cm), you may need to place it further from you in order to get the whole view of the monitor.

If you want a 1440p monitor, DELL U2515H is a 2560x1440 25" monitor, PPI is around 117, text size is still on comfortable level.

Or if you don't mind spending for premium price an Ultra wide 34" 3440x1440 is the best for doing programming. I myself using DELL U3415W for work.

Thank you all for your replies. It's been very helpful.

After researching a lot in Santiago de Chile, these are the options I have:

- Samsung U28D590D.

- Apple Thunderbolt Display 27" MC914CI/B

- Asus Monitor Gamer 27" WQHD G-Sync

- Asus Monitor LED PLS Profesional 27" PB278Q

As you see my options are very limited. I was going to buy the Samsung. What's your opinion on this?

Thanks again,

Aldo

Have you thought of an LG ultrawide?

The problem is that my options in Chile seems to be very limited too.