7970 Stuttering problems

Hi

My Gigabyte windforce 7970, have the problem, that it have started to stutter when viewing youtube videos, playing minecraft and diablo but not in league of legends, for some reason. i have both tryed installing the lates beta and normal drivers for it, but nothing have worked, i have no idear why. Can somebody help me? :)

Hi

My Gigabyte windforce 7970, have the problem, that it have started to stutter when viewing youtube videos, playing minecraft and diablo but not in league of legends, for some reason. i have both tryed installing the lates beta and normal drivers for it, but nothing have worked, i have no idear why. Can somebody help me? :)

What kind of FPS are you getting + Could be a weird addon on your browser.

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

AMD does tend to have problems with frame rate...

You sure its your graphics card, just because it stutters playback, could be a CPU spike, Ram issue, HDD slowdown issue..

Flash and MPC Can use the GPU if its setup to do so, flash does by default, MPC can if told to.

What are the rest of your system specs....

CPU:

Motherboard:

RAM/Memory:

Windows Version:

Driver Version:

Anything else you can add.,.. error msg's? or similar?

Crock of Shit.

You may have had a specific issue, that does not entitle you to spread a generalized statement like that.

I'm running a 7950 @ 7970 clocks, since last november, have had NO problems with framerates or drivers, which I change every release.
Neither had my brother with his stock 7950 since november, neither have the system builds I've done using AMD GPU's...

Get aquanted with actual truth, before spreading bullshit.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

You'll have to give more specifications before anyone can give you a good solution. I have two 7950's and am getting no stuttering issues with the latest drivers, so I have a feeling it's your CPU.

Lots of startup programs and low system ram can cause hiccups, background tasks consuming more than normal cpu usage can cause stutters/hitches in playback...

More info is needed...

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

7970 running latest 13.8 Beta 2 drivers = No issues

MOBO - Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0   CPU - AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @ 3.5GHz - Corsair H80i   RAM - 2x Corsair Vengence 4GB DDR3 @ 1666 MHz   

GPU - SAPPHIRE 100362-3L Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X OC  Sound - ASUS Xonar DSX  PSU - Thermaltake SMART M Series SP-850M 850W

Bullsh*t

CPU: AMD FX-8350 | CPU Cooler: Xigmatek Dark Knight Night Hawk | GPU: MSI TF3 7970 BE | Motherboard: M5A99FX-Pro-Rev 2.0 | RAM: Corsair Vengence LP 8GB (2x4) | PSU: Xigmatek Vector G 750W 80+ GOLD | Case: Thermaltake A71 | Storage: Seagate 1TB + WD 650GB

Yep, if it doesnt boot from PCI-E, and defaults to using onboard, even if you install amd drivers,I think it will see onboard as primary until you do manual changes...

You sure its your graphics card, just because it stutters playback, could be a CPU spike, Ram issue, HDD slowdown issue..

Flash and MPC Can use the GPU if its setup to do so, flash does by default, MPC can if told to.

CPU:

Motherboard:

RAM/Memory:

Windows Version:

Driver Version:

Crock of Shit.

You may have had a specific issue, that does not entitle you to spread a generalized statement like that.

I'm running a 7950 @ 7970 clocks, since last november, have had NO problems with framerates or drivers, which I change every release.

Neither had my brother with his stock 7950 since november, neither have the system builds I've done using AMD GPU's...

My computer specs is

i7 2600

16 GB 1333 mhz

256 samsung pro ssd

And a 1 TB harddisc

AMD hd 7970 windforce running at 1 ghz (default)

Asus Xonar STX

And im running all the games at +60 fps

Have you tried updating flash?

Also which web browser are you using?

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K 4,6GHZ OC MB: MSI Mpower z77  RAM: Kingston Genesis 1600Mhz CL9 16GB

GPU: ASUS R9 290 Direct CUII  PSU: Corsair AX 860

Maybe turning some of the driver default features off, the ones that focus on "video pre-processing"
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/hqv-2-radeon-geforce,2844-2.html
^ This control panel is similar to what your catalyst control centre is like... Turn some of these off and find the "apply to internet video" and detick that.
Just curious if maybe one of these default features could have a bug... like keeping gpu load on the card due to flash hardware acceleration with driver additions...even after that has closed...

Do a clean driver install but this time only install Display driver and Catalyst Control Center... or just Display driver if you don't need CCC like me.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Do a clean driver install but this time only install Display driver and Catalyst Control Center... or just Display driver if you don't need CCC like me.

Use this to uninstall the previous driver: http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/catalyst-uninstall-utility.aspx

What programs do you have running in the background? Did you try a different browser to see if it also causes youtube videos to stutter?

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

CPU:

Motherboard:

RAM/Memory:

Windows Version:

Driver Version:

Crock of Shit.

The dude is from 1996, what does he know about it :)

Proud to be from Belgium.

You said "it have started to stutter", that leads me to believe it worked well before?

If so: Revert back to drivers you was using before it started to stutter. Try to remember what you changed day(s) before it started to stutter.

If it's always stuttered, well, it could be due to the system, install latest drivers, set power plans to high performance, startup programs etc.

If everything fails, look at guides section and try to follow some useful instructions there.

If nothing works, change G to A or M, that should work.