Why no talk about XF270HU?

TheFragment

Why no talk about XF270HU?
I recently discovered this monitor XF270HU, on sale on a Danish website.

So firs question, why can’t I find anything on this monitor other than a couple of news articles and links to acer’s website? Is it that bad? Or just no PR?
Second question, should I buy this monitor?

The normal price in Denmark is 5995 kr. (859 dollar)

Right now, it is on sale for 4795 kr. (687 dollar)

Is it worth it, considering there might be a better deal on Black Friday, and then again it’s Denmark.

Thanks for input

Main Gaming Rig:

[Xeon 1231 v3] - [Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI] - [Noctua NH-U9S] [R9 Nano] - [8GB Corsair Vengnance LP] [Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB] - [Seagate Barrcuda 500GB] [Silverstone SX-500 LG] [M1 Ncases] - [MG279q freesync] - [Vortex Poker 3] [Logitech G502][HE-400I HIFIMAN][Objective2 + ODAC]

I would actually like to know the same thing. 

It seems to be the Freesync variant of the XB270HU, in case it is, it should be a really good monitor. 

There is however some issues with the price I would say. The XB270HU costs 6500 DKK and around 1500-2000 DKK of that price is the G-Sync module. So the normal price of 6000 DKK for the XF270HU can't be right. This "sale" should be the normal price for that monitor since there no extra G-Sync module cost. 

Also, the Freesync range isn't mentioned anywhere, so it might be the same as the ASUS MG279Q of 35-90Hz.

EDIT: Another thing. This monitor model is faily new, most of the world haven't even heard of it yet since it only has been released in very few regions so far. 

It seems to be the Freesync variant of the XB270HU, in case it is, it should be a really good monitor. 

There is however some issues with the price I would say. The XB270HU costs 6500 DKK and around 1500-2000 DKK of that price is the G-Sync module. So the normal price of 6000 DKK for the XF270HU can't be right. This "sale" should be the normal price for that monitor since there no extra G-Sync module cost. 

Also, the Freesync range isn't mentioned anywhere, so it might be the same as the ASUS MG279Q of 35-90Hz.

You are right it is an exact match to the MG279Q; I didn’t even think to compare the two because of the massive price difference and there is no obvious reason for the higher price.

EDIT: Another thing. This monitor model is faily new, most of the world haven't even heard of it yet since it only has been released in very few regions so far. 

Oh! That would explain the PR thing  

Main Gaming Rig:

[Xeon 1231 v3] - [Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI] - [Noctua NH-U9S] [R9 Nano] - [8GB Corsair Vengnance LP] [Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB] - [Seagate Barrcuda 500GB] [Silverstone SX-500 LG] [M1 Ncases] - [MG279q freesync] - [Vortex Poker 3] [Logitech G502][HE-400I HIFIMAN][Objective2 + ODAC]

Also from DK. 

Looks like the XF270HU was quietly released along with the XB271HU.

It's not unusual that Komplett put stuff on their website the second they are allowed to, they are on the ball like that. It also doesn't surprise me that they try to spin the current price as a big weekend discount, as they alone have this monitor in their product catalog in all of Scandinavia.

The current 'Superweekend' price is 4795kr down from 6000kr - I expect 4795kr to be the list price when other sellers start listing it. 

Amazon has a 600$ price tag on it, which fits perfectly with the MSRP of the MG279Q and the 800$ MSRP of the G-Sync versions. 

http://www.amazon.com/Acer-XF270HU-bmijdpr-FREESYNC-Widescreen/dp/B0173PEX34/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1448044729&sr=8-12&keywords=Acer+XF270HU

If Scandinavian/Danish sellers are doing any kind of Black Friday sale on this monitor, I expect the same bogus deal that Komplett is doing at the moment. Better wait for reviews.

Hopefully Acer have used a scaler that allows for the full 144hz Freesync range.