Should I do Sli?

p3acefrog

I know its not necessary but i was wondering if you think sli would be a viable thing for me to do. I think it looks like it could be cool i only game at 1080p but mostly enjoy things like bf4/gta5 so i dont know if its what i would do. I have  a 970 strix I was also wondering if I should get another strix or get an a different card. Will it matter if they do not match? Will 8 gigs of ram and an i5 4690k be enough to handle there power? I wouldn't be able to get a 980ti even tho id like one. 

Sure, I would :3 Get two strixs because of matching. .w. You can if you like though. 8 gigs of ram and your i5 will easily handle the SLI power. What is your power supply though?

Moist

Couldn't you sell your 970 and put the new money toward that 980 Ti?

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Sure, I would :3 Get two strixs because of matching. .w. You can if you like though. 8 gigs of ram and your i5 will easily handle the SLI power. What is your power supply though?

Right now i have a 620W bronze seasonic I was looking to move to 16 gigs of ram its not that much to upgrade.

For what you want a single 970 is enough.

Already conflicting answers

If you already have one and think you would use the extra performance you gain from it, go for it! 

Just make sure you have a power supply thats got enough beef as well as adequate cooling for the cards

A 4690k will be just fine with 970s in SLI 

If you were buying a new card I would say go for a 980ti, but since you have a 970 already just do SLI :P unless you feel like selling it to help go towards a single 980ti 

Its your choice 

Couldn't you sell your 970 and put the new money toward that 980 Ti?

This is also a fantastic option. :3 

Right now i have a 620W bronze seasonic I was looking to move to 16 gigs of ram its not that much to upgrade.

Already conflicting answers

That should be enough, as long as your not OCing. I think..

Moist

I mean if i had  an extra gpu i suppose i could but id be gpu less for who knows how long.

It wouldn't be that long, and iGPU for your CPU is great (I game on it) so you wouldn't be without games or anything.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I'd pickup a 980ti instead of 2-SLI 970

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

It wouldn't be that long, and iGPU for your CPU is great (I game on it) so you wouldn't be without games or anything.

I dont think i could run battlefield on igpu and I dont know how long it would take to sell my 970

I dont think i could run battlefield on igpu and I dont know how long it would take to sell my 970

I run Battlefield off my iGPU @ 1080p. Check out my profile for all the kinds of games you can play on it. :)

If you are in a hurry to buy during Black Friday then I understand, if not, I think it would be well worth the wait to upgrade to a 980 Ti. :P

I run Battlefield off my iGPU @ 1080p. Check out my profile for all the kinds of games you can play on it. :)

If you are in a hurry to buy during Black Friday then I understand, if not, I think it would be well worth the wait to upgrade to a 980 Ti. :P

Well i had forgotten about black friday being this next friday which is also pay day. I was more thinking that just I recently upgraded my monitors now I can do a diffrent part

Well i had forgotten about black friday being this next friday which is also pay day. I was more thinking that just I recently upgraded my monitors now I can do a diffrent part

Then I definitely say get the 980 Ti however you can. :P

If you really want more power then yes, the best option would be to sell your 970 and put it towards a more powerful single GPU. SLI has many, many issues. And some games doesn't even support it. Although, like I mentioned, the 970 is more than enough for 1080p. 

If you really want more power then yes, the best option would be to sell your 970 and put it towards a more powerful single GPU. SLI has many, many issues. And some games doesn't even support it. Although, like I mentioned, the 970 is more than enough for 1080p. 

Is it 1080 still if its across 3 monitors im not sure how thats classified. Plus i mean the SLI looks nice as hell.

Is it 1080 still if its across 3 monitors im not sure how thats classified. Plus i mean the SLI looks nice as hell.

I'm confused, do you want performance with no issues or just something that looks pretty? If so, by all means get another 970. 

I'm confused, do you want performance with no issues or just something that looks pretty? If so, by all means get another 970. 

Well performance is number 1 looks are a close second. As of right now the fans on my h100i gtx were so loud my pc is under my desk due to noise