Best positive air pressure fan setup

Go to solution Solved by Made In Canada,

Im going to be building my first pc in a couple of months and I have a question about the air pressure.

I have decided to go with a positive air pressure setup and I need to recommendations for fan setups.

Here is my part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/bj9YsY

The case I will be using is a Cooler master Mater case 5 Pro which has space for either 2 or 3 140mm front fans, 2 140mm top fans and 1 140mm rear fan.

Since I will be using positive air pressure my question is, what is the best fan setup to get the best results.

I came up with this setup, 3 intake at the front and 1 exhaust in the rear causing the hot air to leave through the rear and empty top vents.

I am also taking suggestions for other setups and if you also use positive are pressure setup with the same fan setup please leave a comment below and tell me how affective it is.

Thanks

BTW I will also be using a Noctua NH-D15 CPU cooler which has 2 fans blowing towards the rear exhaust fan, will that some how alter the air pressure and/or disrupt the airflow?

First, for 2k, you could do better on the GPU, that setup looks overkill fot just gaming.

Second, the 3 intake and one exhaust would do good.

Third, the NH-D15 should be fine as it is not exhausting the air.

Im going to be building my first pc in a couple of months and I have a question about the air pressure.

I have decided to go with a positive air pressure setup and I need to recommendations for fan setups.

The case I will be using is a Cooler master Mater case 5 Pro which has space for either 2 or 3 140mm front fans, 2 140mm top fans and 1 140mm rear fan.

Since I will be using positive air pressure my question is, what is the best fan setup to get the best results.

I came up with this setup, 3 intake at the front and 1 exhaust in the rear causing the hot air to leave through the rear and empty top vents.

I am also taking suggestions for other setups and if you also use positive are pressure setup with the same fan setup please leave a comment below and tell me how affective it is.

Thanks

BTW I will also be using a Noctua NH-D15 CPU cooler which has 2 fans blowing towards the rear exhaust fan, will that some how alter the air pressure and/or disrupt the airflow?

Thanks

First, for 2k, you could do better on the GPU, that setup looks overkill fot just gaming.

The Canadian Version Of Everything

-Made In Canada

Third, the NH-D15 should be fine as it is not exhaust

This is what I can afford now, but in the future I will upgrade.

And thanks for the respose :)

One more question, would it be better if I used the top 2 as intake also? So it would be a total of 5 intake and 1 exhaust?

One more question, would it be better if I used the top 2 as intake also? So it would be a total of 5 intake and 1 exhaust?

No. As hot air rises the top 2 as intake are not a good idea, this and it is really not needed. If you want more intake fans, use the bottem fan slot assuming it has one. Just make sure you dont put it on carpet as this will not help, try to put it on atleast a board if you do got carpets, or even better, use the space on your desk, just something solid, as well as making sure the area is clean.

-Made In Canada

This is what I can afford now, but in the future I will upgrade.

And thanks for the respose :)

Anytime, just glad to help if i can.

And that rig is a beast, if you ever need to lower the price however, ask the forums. One more thing, i advise you try to wait until Black Friday and or Cyber Monday to buy the rig.

-Made In Canada

No. As hot air rises the top 2 as intake are not a good idea, this and it is really not needed. If you want more intake fans, use the bottem fan slot assuming it has one. Just make sure you dont put it on carpet as this will not help, try to put it on atleast a board if you do got carpets, or even better, use the space on your desk, just something solid, as well as making sure the area is clean.

Since the case doesnt have a bottom fan spot I will have it, front 3 fans as intake and 1 fan rear as exhaust.

Thanks for the help

Anytime, just glad to help if i can.

And that rig is a beast, if you ever need to lower the price however, ask the forums. One more thing, i advise you try to wait until Black Friday and or Cyber Monday to buy the rig.

Thanks and Exactly what I was thinking.