Gpu has been maxing out

M305809

I have been playing battlefield 3 on max settings with 58-60 fps on my gigabyte gtx660 oc, the problem is that after about four hours of playing textures start to go crazy. Initialy I thought it was a heat problem so i recorded the heat temperatures while play for about three hours and they stay at or around 60 C. They i nouticed the the gpu core was reaching 100%. So i would like to pair two together, so is there any way I can do this on a single monitor?(assuming that the load of the game will be shared between the two cards)

P.S. I dont want to sacrafice any graphics or play time.

you could always sell your card and get 760 or 770. Still better option than SLI.

The textures shouldn't be going crazy. Have you overclocked at all? Also, what happens when you lower the frequency since it's an overclocked card?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Might just be a bug in battlefield, just relaunch it after a few hours and see if the problem goes away.

~non cogito, ergo non sum?~

You'll find that most peoples card are @ 99-100% usage playing a game, this does not mean your card is bad.

Artifacting however is.... Driver change, default clocks....many options to fix issues...

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Could be a defective card. Had the same issue with my evga GTX 560.

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe if you play for 4 hours you should think about going outside :P . And do you mean a SLI setup?

could i have a sli set up and just conect say, one dvi or hdmi?

You want your GPU to be used right that's why you bought it. Why would you want to only use some of the performance and not all is a wonder to me. When the GPU is pegged this is a good thing as it means that it is not being bottleneck by a sub par game engine or CPU.

AMD Phenom II x4 955 OCed, HD 7850, LG 27EA33 1080P IPS, 4GB ram