H220 vs Custom Loop

I want to water cool my next case : NCASE M1 http://ncases.com

I was wondering what would be better the H220 all in one liquid cooler or a custom loop with a Swiftech Apogee Drive block.

Also for the custom loop would I need a radiator reservoire or do you think it's not necessary? 

^ because the case is so small (space restraints)

Edited by prolemur

I want to water cool my next case : NCASE M1 http://ncases.com

I was wondering what would be better the H220 all in one liquid cooler or a custom loop with a Swiftech Apogee Drive block.

Also for the custom loop would I need a radiator or do you think it's not necessary? 

^ because the case is so small (space restraints)

You kinda need a radiator to watercool stuff....

Making a custom loop would be more fun but more time and money

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

Custom loop will pretty much always outperform an AIO cooler... Radiator? Yeah, you should definitely have a radiator in the custom loop otherwise there is no way for the heat to escape and you will end up trying to cool your CPU with water that is 80 degrees

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Wow I must sound retarded...

I meant to say reservoire :P

Wow I must sound retarded...

I meant to say reservoire :P

If the radiator has a fill port...then no, but a reservoir does make things a bit easier and it looks pretty badass. You can find pretty small ones, so it shouldn't really be a problem...

i7-4770K, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus VI Hero, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB, Samsung 840 120GB, 2xSeagate Barracuda 1TB, EVGA GeForce GTX 780 ACX Cooler, NZXT Phantom 820, Corsair Professional 750W 80 PLUS Gold, 2xASUS VH238H Build Log- http://bit.ly/1bWZKu6

actually, adding a proper reservoir virtually eliminates the pump/air issues that

has been plaguing the Swiftech H-series. @Tony N has gone through a couple

of RMA on the H220 and finally on his dime, installed a remote reservoir and

seemed to have fixed the issue. but with the case choice, i find it will be a very

testing challenge to get the build successful. a lot of large scale components in

an expensive small case factor.

airdeano

actually, adding a proper reservoir virtually eliminates the pump/air issues that

has been plaguing the Swiftech H-series. @Tony N has gone through a couple

of RMA on the H220 and finally on his dime, installed a remote reservoir and

seemed to have fixed the issue. but with the case choice, i find it will be a very

testing challenge to get the build successful. a lot of large scale components in

an expensive small case factor.

airdeano

challenge accepted, I guess i'll stick as big of a reservoire as i can (ie http://www.swiftech.com/mcresmicrorev2reservoir.aspx)

I'm probably going to have custom and sleeved cables not only for aesthetic but to actually save space in this puny little case :P